Effluent pump replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I finally had to replace my pump that was about 19 years old. I also replaced the primary float switch. I know the alarm float switch is working. I’m just not sure if the secondary/override float switch is working.

I talked to the buddy that pumps my tank occasionally and he recommended the replacement pump brand to use.

What I would like to know is the logic used to turn the pump on.

The pump is operated through a control panel and uses 2 float switches.

The control panel has a timer with switches for the preferred time to run the pump.

The thing I’m not sure about is the override float switch and if it’s operating. I would like to test it. I guess in need to get my volt meter and test continuity with someone moving the float.

I’m just wondering if there is a better way to test and make sure my logic is right. I think that override float switch should turn the pump on no matter where the timer is. So it should operate outside the predetermined time to run the pump.
524C7FA5-9B97-4461-B4DC-793E7F0381EE.jpeg
934114F4-F975-4BC3-91DA-84E12AA8516C.jpeg
75669181-F861-4EA6-A99A-EABBF87D9BD4.jpeg

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me and plumbing just don’t get along. I got the pump installed and tested it and none of the six sprinklers seem to be working right.

I pulled one of the sprinklers and found the filter was clogged up. I decided that I need to replace all of them.

I got to the second sprinkler and it was not clogged so I wasn’t sure what was going on. Was the pump bad, I thought. I pulled and checked the filter on the remaining sprinklers and they looked ok.

Long story short, I saw water coming out of the ground that wasn’t a sprinkler. I dug it up and found where the cox fiber installer hit my line. I fixed the broken line and asked the wife to come out and see if more water was leaking. She said it was so I kept digging and found where the installer hit the line.

The first pic was where I fixed the first break, the second shows where the installer hit the line.

A6AE682D-86F5-477C-BBD3-91C8788633C2.jpeg

A7D9C5B6-3C9D-4F4C-BE8B-D4C1AD670D10.jpeg

Nobs3

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tan and red from panel should be only thing in dry box hooked to wires for override float, check power on hot(tan) to make sure it’s receiving 120. More than likely a bad float, if your convinced it’s not the float but the override wiring, you can wire the override to hot of alarm & to the pump hot bundle will function the same

Latest posts

Top Bottom