Egg shortage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Blown away. I went online to order some day old chicks to renew my flock as I normally do every 2 years. Wanted a specific breed rather than getting them at a local store as I usually do. These day old chicks below are $92 each!!! Sorry they are sold out.

https://meyerhatchery.com/products/Opal-Legbar-Day-Old-Chicks-p501796180
Wife and I have some cuckoo marans. Great birds and beautiful eggs. We have a maran rooster and we plan to hatch some eggs this spring. Also will cross the maran rooser with ameraucana green egg layers. The result is dark “olive eggers” layer.

There is something about the maran varieties that people gloss over though… they don’t ALWAYS lay the dark chocolate colored eggs! The egg color changes throughout the year and as they age. The deepest chocolate colored eggs don’t last forever

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This Joel Salatin needs to learn what he's talking about, before he talks. He claims several times mealworms eat meat......outright BS! Maggots do but mealworms don't & never have.
I did not put that there for the worm talk.
I have no desire to fart around with raising worms to feed the chickens.

I put it there for the talk about feeding some meat to the chickens.

Thinking of taking back up squirrel hunting. But with the twist of feeding the squirrels to the chickens so I can eat the eggs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom