Electric Vehicle....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, would be interesting what a roof made of solar panels would do for range. Must not work very well or they'd be doing it for the advertising at least.
Toyota did it with the Prius several years ago, and put it in their ads. I don't think they're doing it any longer, which tells me that the juice wasn't worth the squeeze,

My guess as to why they don't put solar panels on electric cars are that current solar panels are not very efficient and they need sunlight coming in nearly perpendicular to the panel to produce their charge (and how do you fix that without putting the aerodynamics in the dumper), plus they add weight, they aren't robust enough to take the vibrations and downright banging of just driving down the road, and it's one more complication in Federal crash testing.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Gasoline is Made to EXPLODE!"

"Just one gallon of gasoline is equivalent to 14 sticks of dynamite in explosive force."

https://www.chathamcountync.gov/gov...rams/fire-marshal/fire-safety/gasoline-safety

:drunk2:

Nah, gasoline is super stable. You can put a cigarette out in it. That's why engines won't fire up when flooded. It's that pesky vapor that you gotta watch out for.

It's also calorie dense. Drinking just a gallon provides enough stored energy to last the rest of your life

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won't be getting an electric vehicle. Would take even longer to get to Colorado.
They're not for everyone, nor are they for every application. I wouldn't mind having one for my daily commute (I tell you what, those Teslas are quick off the line), but they're just not practical for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom