Electricity Out - North Edmond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have had pretty much zero issues on the south side of Guthrie. Power flickered a couple times this afternoon but has stayed up. Internet is working great as well. I actually expected to be without power at some point last night though. Had the flashlights and chem lights ready with some extra blankets on the mother in law's bed.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Power was up and down until Sunday, then it has stayed up most of the time. Cable is totally different. Cable finally came back up this afternoon, but the internet and phone is very intermittent.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Roads are fine and the outage map shows most of the electricity is back on. However, there are still 427 people in the dark.

My sister must have been one of the last ones back on then. Three days without power, I drove 100+ miles to her today with a generator and supplies to hook up the house. Got it all hooked up, freezers back on line, and utility trucks pulled up in the street in front of the house. Thirty minutes later, power came back on, so I packed it all back up and came home. Long day of driving, but it could have gone for a couple more days. One just never knows. This crew was out of Tennessee. Its a shared services that utilities do in times like this.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My sister must have been one of the last ones back on then. Three days without power, I drove 100+ miles to her today with a generator and supplies to hook up the house. Got it all hooked up, freezers back on line, and utility trucks pulled up in the street in front of the house. Thirty minutes later, power came back on, so I packed it all back up and came home. Long day of driving, but it could have gone for a couple more days. One just never knows. This crew was out of Tennessee. Its a shared services that utilities do in times like this.

Glad the lights are back on for her. Murphy's law would be if you had not made the trip she would still be without power :D

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
May have lost one leg of the 220 feed to your house. The stuff on the good phase will still be on, the stuff on the open phase will be off. If you have an AC volt meter you can check the incoming lines at your fuse box.

That must be the issue in my neighborhood. I have electricity but only parts of the house.
My dryer still runs but the heating element doesn't heat. When I do run the dryer, the lights that wouldn't come on, do but are dim.

Latest posts

Top Bottom