Elmer Fudd will not use a gun in new 'Looney Tunes' cartoons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They started removing "offensive" cartoons decades ago. No one (well, almost no one) said crap about it.

The cat morphing into a Jap spy? Bugs Bunny in blackface? Mickey Mouse traveling through the cotton patch?

All removed because they were offensive to someone. Now they're removing things that are also offensive to some.

Pretty soon, scenes depicting heterosexual families will be cut, as they aren't "inclusive" enough.

Enjoy the ride.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They started removing "offensive" cartoons decades ago.

Like The Frito Bandido, Bill Dana as José Jiménez, Little Rascals - "Wild Man From Borneo", etc.

PS I guess Speedy Gonzales is back with a political agenda?:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th.../can-speedy-gonzales-stick-it-to-donald-trump

Can Speedy Gonzales stick it to Donald Trump?
The cheese-snatching mouse will return – voiced by a Mexican for the
first time – in an animated feature film just in time to repair Mexico-US relations. ¡Arriba!
Wed 6 Apr 2016 10.53 EDT

So, basically, it’s more racist to tell Mexicans what they should be offended by than to do a silly Mexican accent? I think so. And now with an actual Mexican in the lead role, his comeback will be complete. Just in time.

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like The Frito Bandido, Bill Dana as José Jiménez, Little Rascals - "Wild Man From Borneo", etc.

With regards to the "Little Rascals" and their predecessor "Our Gang," they were considered to be the first films that were really "diverse." All the characters felt that they were respected by so many

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With regards to the "Little Rascals" and their predecessor "Our Gang," they were considered to be the first films that were really "diverse." All the characters felt that they were respected by so many

I have had the same opinion. I also thought their living conditions and/or parental care ran the gamut of possible situations that children could face - from good to bad.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speedy’s cousin Slowpoke Rodriguez
upload_2020-6-10_17-56-23.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom