Engine rebuilders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devilsbcoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know or can anyone recommend (or steer me clear of ) someone who rebuilds engines? I am open to a shop anywhere as long as they offer quality work and will stand behind what they do.

My engine in my 2007 Dodge 1500 (5.7 hemi) has burned or spun a bearing I'm afraid. May take a total rebuild.

Thanks.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The machining done to my short block in my hot rod was done at Rice Engines in Oklahoma City. They have been known to work on a hemi or two.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad has been using DJ's Custom Engines on highway 39 east of Lexington since DJ had his shop in Norman, but I'm not sure if they do rebuilds or just the machine work (my Dad has only used them for the machine work).

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are expensive. Have you considered buying from a salvage yard out of a wrecked truck? They sell them with or without various warranties. Those Hemi's under 100k seem to be $2000-2500.

Devilsbcoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FullAuto,
It is something that I have considered. Just didn't know how a used engine like that might be warrantied. I would hate to spend 2500 only to have that motor go down in a year or so. Found one guy (owns an engine machine shop) who would pull it, completely rebuild, and reinstall with a 3 year warranty for around 4200. I put a lot of miles on this vehicle. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to give it some more consideration.

Last edited:

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FullAuto,
It is something that I have considered. Just didn't know how a used engine like that might be warrantied. I would hate to spend 2500 only to have that motor go down in a year or so. Found one guy (owns an engine machine shop) who would pull it, completely rebuild, and reinstall with a 3 year warranty for around 4200. I put a lot of miles on this vehicle. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to give it some more consideration.

I buy a lot of engines from A-Z in Nicoma Park (because they are on a LARGE network and will free deliver everywhere). They typically quote a 1 year/12k mile warranty. They will sell longer warranties of 2-3 years if you request it. If you request no warranty (which is what I do on all mine because I want them as cheap as possible), they still come with a 90 day warranty. That's the minimum. If you think about it... you buy a nice 60k mile motor, install it with a 1 year warranty, after that year goes by, when/if something happens, it's not likely it was something that was bad when you bought it a year prior.

Latest posts

Top Bottom