Ever feel like the food service is slow at McD?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used to be I'd say eat at a chain restaurant because they are basically the same consistent "stuff." But now? If I pull up in the parking lot and it's filthy, I know what is inside and I drive away.. Why would they spend extra money cleaning the outside when the profit margin is so tight anyway? Nonetheless, I drive away, there are other places to eat or I do without.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll say it. All of these violent videos are of one ethnicity that is always on video for ridiculous reasons of outrage to get likes on social media.
Anybody that does this no matter their ethnicity is human trash.
Now tin foil hat is firmly attached.
IMHO the reason the inside dining facilities are closed is mainly caused by the calls and mandates in some states for a $15 minimum wage by employers.
We have discussed this before saying technology will replace humans and in some fast food places, that has already taken place to a certain extent.
Another way to cut costs while paying higher wages with higher food supply prices while maintaining overhead and remaining profitable is to reduce staff.
Tin foil hat off now.
Closing the dining room accomplishes this
Personally I thought it was mainly due to a staffing shortage. These people had been making a butt load more to sit on their butts than they ever did working at one of these fast food places

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I thought it was mainly due to a staffing shortage. These people had been making a butt load more to sit on their butts than they ever did working at one of these fast food places

In our six months of working in Alabama, we mostly relied on eating out for evening meals since few hotels offer any kind of cooking capability other than a microwave. We tried numerous places, trying to find dine-in facilities, and most all of those places stated that the dining room was closed due to staffing problems. We were eating at a Burger King one evening and while dining, a lady came out of the kitchen area and locked the doors. When asked, she stated that if they got down to a certain number of employees on duty, they closed the dining area. She was leaving work and dropping the number down to the point the dining room was to be closed. We did get to finish our meal, and then they let us out.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bad / slow service?

I have not idea. I don't eat McCrap. 1st time was in 1976 ( had seen commercials for years, never an actual location ). One opened in town. Was 6 weeks before we tried too go. Our usual place was What-a-Burger, Dairy Queen or Burger Chef. (BC had $0.19 hamburger. You were served a bun and meat. They had a well stocked condiment buffet, where you dressed your burger YOUR WAY.) McCrap was barely edible.

Jump forward, 1998, going on deer hunt with F-i-L. He stops at McCrap. It was worse than I remembered.

2010, Aunt in hospital and we are on the way. Cousin pull into McCrap for breakfast.
I order coffee. I have had some bad coffee, but nothing close to THAT bad.

45 years, 3 trips, worse each time. Only place in town, I will go hungry and keep driving. They can close down and it wouldn't notice.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In our six months of working in Alabama, we mostly relied on eating out for evening meals since few hotels offer any kind of cooking capability other than a microwave. We tried numerous places, trying to find dine-in facilities, and most all of those places stated that the dining room was closed due to staffing problems. We were eating at a Burger King one evening and while dining, a lady came out of the kitchen area and locked the doors. When asked, she stated that if they got down to a certain number of employees on duty, they closed the dining area. She was leaving work and dropping the number down to the point the dining room was to be closed. We did get to finish our meal, and then they let us out.
Was what I was thinking. These places keeping it simple like a Sonic with a drive in due to staffing and closing the rest of the dine in area

Latest posts

Top Bottom