Evolution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was raised in a Christian family, which ended up choosing the Baptist form of Christianity.
In my youth, I believed. As I grew older and more educated, I conceded that evolution and creation could co-exist.
Now, I believe it is evolution. Through the years I have come to the conclusion that I cannot accept a God as portrayed by Christians, or Muslims for that matter.

Edited: Accept him or believe he exists.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was raised in a Christian family, which ended up choosing the Baptist form of Christianity.
In my youth, I believed. As I grew older and more educated, I conceded that evolution and creation could co-exist.
Now, I believe it is evolution. Through the years I have come to the conclusion that I cannot accept a God as portrayed by Christians, or Muslims for that matter.

Edited: Accept him or believe he exists.

And you have never sinned or will ever sin!

*Just one of the many perks!

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hunters World...I OVERTLY oversimplified...remember this is a thread...website...internet...not a college classroom and I have kept it that way.

Humans have evolved. ..ever so slightly. Look at the Asian facial features compared to African features.

Look at our skin colors...darker were typically closer to the equator and over time remained permanent. ..even though we have become a transient organism we have retained those colors.

Not trying to argue nor get to in depth. ...evolution occurs everywhere. ..for and against. Noticeable and discretely.

Heck, the Germans knew this well trying to breed..genetics and phenotypes into their master race. Any good farmer or horse owners knows this...faster horses and better milking cows. Wherr mankind produced it faster, nature would do this over eons.

Just my 2 cents.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Does this "Evolution" not have to happen in individuals first, then be extended through generations of offspring, in order for it to happen to populations ?

Not at all. Take a look at your family. Height, weight, hair color, certain facial traits are the easiest to spot. For example, you child may hay some physical characteristics of your mom or dad or grandparents, yet they will not look exactly alike.

Also look at history. In the 1900s Americans had an average height n weight....fast forward 115 years and we are shorter and heavier.....why? Because of our environment. We changed but you can't find the single person or gene or reason.

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not at all. Take a look at your family. Height, weight, hair color, certain facial traits are the easiest to spot. For example, you child may hay some physical characteristics of your mom or dad or grandparents, yet they will not look exactly alike.

Also look at history. In the 1900s Americans had an average height n weight....fast forward 115 years and we are shorter and heavier.....why? Because of our environment. We changed but you can't find the single person or gene or reason.

Shorter?
In my experience, every generation is taller.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does this "Evolution" not have to happen in individuals first, then be extended through generations of offspring, in order for it to happen to populations ?

We wouldn't call it evolution.
Let me give you an example.

If we think of ALL the OU student athletes as a population, and each persons height is controlled by one gene. There are two forms (alleles) of this gene, they are T (Tall) and t (Short). A Tall individual would be TT (because we have one copy of the gene from our father and one copy from our mother), a average height person would be Tt and a short person would be tt.

Now, If we send the OU basketball team on a permanent vacation. Then our population would have evolved. The frequency of T's and t's would no longer be the same as they were before.
Hence, a change in allele frequency in a population over time.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hunters World...I OVERTLY oversimplified...remember this is a thread...website...internet...not a college classroom and I have kept it that way.

Humans have evolved. ..ever so slightly. Look at the Asian facial features compared to African features.

Look at our skin colors...darker were typically closer to the equator and over time remained permanent. ..even though we have become a transient organism we have retained those colors.

Not trying to argue nor get to in depth. ...evolution occurs everywhere. ..for and against. Noticeable and discretely.

Heck, the Germans knew this well trying to breed..genetics and phenotypes into their master race. Any good farmer or horse owners knows this...faster horses and better milking cows. Wherr mankind produced it faster, nature would do this over eons.

Just my 2 cents.

Didn't mean to step on your toes. I like teaching this stuff and think the internets is just as important as a classroom. Some just don't treat it that way.

I think its ironic that many people get the idea of pedigrees but then can't accept that at some point in time we (humans) did share a common ancestor with an ape.

Latest posts

Top Bottom