Extra census polling interview legit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs

Check their website.

Am I required to fill out the ACS?

"Yes, your response to the American Community Survey is required by law (Title 13, U.S. Code, Sections 141, 193, and 221). Title 13, as changed by Title 18, imposes a penalty for not responding. As a randomly selected representative of your community, you are the voice of your neighbors and peers. To create an accurate picture of your community, it is critical that you respond."

I ain't givin' **** on the phone.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Earlier in the decade I was harassed (yes, harassed) by "census workers" seeking ACS compliance. First it was the letters, then the phone calls and the (ignored) people at the door. Then there were the overnight FedEx envelopes showing up on my front porch. Once I was verbally accosted in my front yard by one of these workers with all the threats of legal action. Everything that could go in the trash went in the trash. Clint told the workers to get off my lawn. The more they harassed me the more I was determined to just say Ef You. They finally got the message and gave up on me.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs

Check their website.

Am I required to fill out the ACS?

"Yes, your response to the American Community Survey is required by law (Title 13, U.S. Code, Sections 141, 193, and 221). Title 13, as changed by Title 18, imposes a penalty for not responding. As a randomly selected representative of your community, you are the voice of your neighbors and peers. To create an accurate picture of your community, it is critical that you respond."

OK. I'll "respond." Probably not the 'response' they wanted, but I'll 'respond.'

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Earlier in the decade I was harassed (yes, harassed) by "census workers" seeking ACS compliance. First it was the letters, then the phone calls and the (ignored) people at the door. Then there were the overnight FedEx envelopes showing up on my front porch. Once I was verbally accosted in my front yard by one of these workers with all the threats of legal action. Everything that could go in the trash went in the trash. Clint told the workers to get off my lawn. The more they harassed me the more I was determined to just say Ef You. They finally got the message and gave up on me.
I done the same, the government already has more info on me than i like not giving them more.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So today while I'm working I get a voicemail that was very staticy and breaking up, but they were asking for the resident or owner of my address call them back. They then called my wife and asked if she was able to do additional polling via a phone interview. My wife being caught off guard told her she was busy, but scheduled a phone time for 10 am tomorrow. The interviewer then texted my wife the following picture.

View attachment 173919

My question is is this a legit thing, or an elaborate phishing scheme? They had our phone numbers and address, but not our names. They are inquiring about our mortgage, education, ISP, and more. And if we don't feel comfortable with answering additional questions do we have to since they claim it is required by law, or can we decline the reques?
Okay, my sister said in her opinion it's a scam and to contact the Attorney General.

Latest posts

Top Bottom