FAL price confusion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olympicarmsfan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just picked up an L1A1 with Imbel Brazil receiver for $650. I got a great deal on it and it does need the stock and pistol grip added. I have the thumbhole stock.

I got lucky with mine as it has the widows peek feed ramps.

Century made guns can be hit or miss and if you find one make sure it has the widows peek.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got lucky with mine as it has the widows peek feed ramps.

Century made guns can be hit or miss and if you find one make sure it has the widows peek.

The Uni-Brow receivers used by Century actually were marked "Century". Any receiver with the "IMBEL" name will have the standard widows peak feed ramp.

$650 is not a bad deal for an IMBEL Century with a butthole stock.

Olympicarmsfan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Uni-Brow receivers used by Century actually were marked "Century". Any receiver with the "IMBEL" name will have the standard widows peak feed ramp.

$650 is not a bad deal for an IMBEL Century with a butthole stock.

Yeah I didnt think it was a bad deal at all either. I even looked on the net after getting it and saw some with the same stock higher then what I paid.

I looked at converting it and it seems high but not to bad if you go with US made Century stock, pistol grip and forend. I think add another 60 bucks and its all still 922r.

Also someone on the FAL Files said the pistol grips made by CAI will have the washer you need since they ground off the tab when they put the thumbstock on.

If the OP can find a CAI Imbel Brazil made FAL I would go for it as I hear they are the best ones of the bunch. I didnt know anything about them when I bought it was just a leap of faith.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:woot:
Also someone on the FAL Files said the pistol grips made by CAI will have the washer you need since they ground off the tab when they put the thumbstock on.

The easiest method to do it right is swap out the lower with one that still has the grip stud. It is possible I might just have one laying around here somewhere. :naughty:

Latest posts

Top Bottom