Fall Away Rest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yeah, this isn't gonna work. Sure, it's superbly accurate and doesn't hinder speed - but unfortunately it makes a loud scraping noise as you draw and the arrow slides across the top of the aluminum rest - even after I wiped some butter on there for lube, it's very loud.

Not to mention that it's not a capture rest (or FCR if you will - full containment rest), which is a pretty good advantage in and of itself.

I just don't think you're gonna beat the biscuit. Like an idiot I bought this NAP fall-away b/c it was on supersale at Academy.... lesson learned. Best price on biscuits on the net?

This fall-away one would make a good target shooting rest, however - if one was into that....

Sidebar: Regular cheap superglue for fletching arrows with plastic vanes? I'm doing some Quik-Spin ST 4"ers right now onto some carbons with my Blitzenburger and it seems to work well....I read that superglue is fine - anyone agree or disagree?

I'm putting about a 3 degree offset plus with the quickspin gimmick on the vanes - hope that's not too much spin, that slows them down a lot...

Reaction score
Thanks on the goat tuff tip! Do you know the answer to this fill-in-the-blank question, by any chance?

"The TWO-inch Quik-Spins (not the 4" I'm currently messing with) will stabilize 9/32nds" arrows up to ________ inches in length.".

dyabolical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a biscuit rest and will be replacing it as soon as possible. Yeah the full capture is great, but i hate how it is in contact the full length of the arrow as it flies through the rest.

And definitely get some felt or something. 2 hard surfaces in contact make alot of noises in the quiet woods.

Reaction score
Well I guess the "Hostage" rest is using that as it's marketing angle/niche - that it has less contact on the arrow than a biscuit.... Oh yeah, that's a real duh moment there - I could put some felt or bearskin on top of the thing and try it that way I suppose.... thanks.

Hey you aren't using a biscuit with a "too-small-diameter" hole, are you? You can fix that with other variations if you are.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't need anything more extravagant than Dr. Scholls Moleskin to put the brakes on your noise problem. If you are worried about it being to bright, knock down the color with a little shoe polish. Works like a champ.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a little black moleskin on my whisper flight fall away. I have a little rubber arrow catch that holds my arrow till I draw. It holds the arrow till I draw and the rest raises up and pulls the arrow up with it. Got it from Jeff Steele at Arrowhead Archery 405 670 BOWS. He was one of the guys at King's Pawn and Gun before they quit doing archery.

Latest posts

Top Bottom