Family gets lost in Corn Maze and calls 911 for help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://newsok.com/family-lost-in-ma...cle/feed/306357?custom_click=headlines_widget

DANVERS, Mass. (AP) — Authorities in Massachusetts say a family that got lost in a seven-acre corn maze
called 911 for help, apparently taking advantage of the police department's motto that says "We Want To
Be Bothered."

The maze at Connors Farm in Danvers can take up to an hour to navigate.

A police officer entered the maze with a farm manager to search for the disoriented father, mother
and two children. The family didn't realize they had almost made their way out and were just 25 feet
from the street.

Farm owner Bob Connors tells the Boston Globe that they designed the maze so that people get lost
in the long corn stalks.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My home state. I should have guessed.

Funny, too, in that they had a cell phone with them. Don't most cell phones have GPS in them now-a-days?

Eh ... What kept them from just walking in a straight line between the corn stalks? (Besides ignorance, that is!)

Woody

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been to Danvers so I understand. I'd prolly get skeered too and call in an airstrike... too close to Salem to be taking chances with witches 'en sech.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, just caught this on News9 while flipping through channels. Have you seen this maze? They showed an aerial view from a hundred or two feet up in the air and I'm extremely embarrassed for this family. It literally is right next to a busy road. There are power lines that run alongside the road above the maze and the back side immediately backs up to trees.

I really hope this sort of helpless stupidity is isolated, but I'm thinking that sort of thinking makes me just as ignorant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom