Favorite Mexican Beer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pacifico - also like Dos Equis in the green bottle or the dark Dos Equis with Mexican food. My son says I like Pacifico because it tastes a lot like Keystone - maybe so...

Cedar Creek

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Negra Modelo. :D

All the way.

Chelino's style, in a margarita glass with salt on the rim and lime. :D Although just plain in a frosty-ass mug is the bomb, too! :D

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I have to narrow it down to one, .... I'll get back to you on that one. Chihuahua was. El Sol is a close to Chihuahua. Pacifico is a good one. Dos Equis is good, either one. Don't care for Tecate. Hate Corona. I know I'm leaving something out. Lemme check the beer fridge in the man cave and do some research.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Modelo..either one. NO SALT, NO LIME!! Just a cup of good salsa, caso, and chips.

Oh how I miss Pappasito's Cantina down in Houston. The salsa was slightly warm(heated from the oven) fresh chips,and corn tortillas..heck yes!!

Man, how I miss Thursday after worrk drinking Modelo and salsa..Thursdays were the drinking night in Houston...mmmm, beer and salsa.

Of course, it goes very well with buche and lingua tacos.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first and only time I ever had a Sol was on the beach on Cozumel:

533205_10151126859501690_717583727_n.jpg

Blindfolded, I honestly couldn't distinguish the difference between it and Corona, but it was good.

I usually only drink Mexican beer when I'm eating at a Mexican restaurant. My first choice is Negra Modelo, but if they don't have it, Dos Equis Amber, both in a frosted schooner glass rimmed with salt and lime. I know people say to not salt a dark Mexican beer, but whatever, I blaze my own trails, suckaz.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow..this got me to thinking. Wasn't it ONLY Tecate that you "traditionally" put lime amd salt in? I remember waay back in the late 1970's the only beer I saw with lime and salt was Tecate. You dropped in the salt and only the lime juice..not the lime wedge.

This was in Baja..Ensenada and Cabo, but I thought I read and heard from the locals waaay back then..only Tecate.
Of course..30, some-odd years later everyone and every Mexican beer does it.

I do remember the first time I saw a person put salt then squeeze the lime..then drop the lime wedge in the glass of beer. Several of the locals would say.."Touristas"!!! .....implying only tourists do it that way. Somewhere about 1983, was when I saw and heard that.

It was in Hussong's Cantina in Ensenada. I remember it because a few days later I and several others were in a fight in the bar. Yep, I got to see first hand, the joy and wonderment of Mexican jails..oh boy!! Plus, I "gifted" the police chief $500, dollars for an early release.

Latest posts

Top Bottom