ffl dealer rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I havent read all the way through this post, but being a bussiness owner, since the ripe age of 18, i will just say this. Everyone always wants something cheaper, they dont care if they buy it at a flee market of the back of a truck at QT. They dont worry about where it comes from or who is selling it and Im not talking about stolen merchandise, just product in general even from the best of sources. People of course do this to save a buck, but when they save a buck for themselves, they normal then create a local store losing a buck. Then once the local store looses too many "bucks" they have to let an employee go. Then once that employee is let go, then every store they made purchases at loses a buck. If you can follow this pattern it makes a very bad pattern for the local, state, and even national economy.

So i dont care where people buy from, but buy local and buy american. Otherwise your letting someone that lives, cities, states, or countries away make all the profit, while you sit back and wonder why your brother, your aunt, your mom, or your dad, can't find work.

Take that for a rant of the day! Oh and I work in an industry that we are the last manufacturer in the states to make what we make. Everything else went to China and Mexico. Now all the facilities in Mexico have shut down bc $2 hr was way mor expensive than $2 a day for labor. Thousands of jobs and multiple companies cant survive in our industry bc people wouldnt pay 10% more for an american product, bc they dont care where they get it from, as long as they save a "buck".

There's nothing wrong with buying online. We sell local, we sell online. When you purchase a firearm online, you're still supporting an American business, you're supporting a shipping company, and then you're supporting a local FFL with a transfer fee. Sure the local economy is losing out on a few tax dollars, but they'd misuse it anyways.

We have the ability to sell firearms at a very low profit margin because we do not solely rely on our firearm business to keep our doors open. As Mark said, we do sell on the cheaper side, offer inexpensive transfers to get you into our shop. We have built good relationships with people that normally wouldn't have came into our shop because of our low prices. We also offer good customer service, something that seems to be lacking at alot of businesses these days, especially big box retailers.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just got off the phone with uncles sam's gen3 glocks are $489,he said you were full of stinky brown stuff

hahaha, I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure Uncle Sam's wouldn't lose money on every sale, dealer cost is $440 on Gen3 Glocks. Sounds like he is quoting LEO pricing which isn't available to the majority of gun buyers out there.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
not all of us are lawyers. Some are blue collar guys.

Money has little to do with it. I know plenty of people you would consider wealthy who are extremely cheap.

And FYI, I was once a blue collar guy. That's part of the reason I get snippy about so many folks here being in favor of politicians who take away their rights.

T

TheMcs

Money has little to do with it. I know plenty of people you would consider wealthy who are extremely cheap.

And FYI, I was once a blue collar guy. That's part of the reason I get snippy about so many folks here being in favor of politicians who take away their rights.

^this^

I restore swimming pools. I get called out to Jenks megamansions and Glenpool shacks. It's the rich people who have a tendency to try and whittle the price down, hold up the check after work is done, etc. I try to give everyone a fair price, but like I tell the negotiators, this isn't a hobby for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom