Finally Closed on the New House!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Made the offer on the place on September 24. It got to the point I never thought we'd get it. But, we did. Signed the papers Tues afternoon.

Modest, but newer, little home on 18.5 acres with a big shop, nice chicken coop and a tractor shed near Ada, OK. The property is really pretty with about 2/3 in pasture and 1/3 in lots of oak and other trees. Slightly rolling hills and plenty of privacy, too.

We actually moved a few essentials into the place but had to hurry back home Tues evening to beat the weather. We have a bit of remodeling to do before we move in for good. But we hope to start that next week. We plan to get some goats, chickens and guineas to start with...I've never done that before but the wife has. Now I get to go tractor shopping, too!

There's a metal carport on the property that will soon become my covered shooting area. :)

Can't wait to get out of the big city...the hustle and bustle of Olustee is wearing me down.

View attachment 250459
FYI, There's a new processor on Highway 3E down by Ahloso. I just got half a beef from a buddy that had it butchered there. I believe an Abbott owns it. IIRC, the Abbott family has a butcher shop on N. Oak in Ada and a small grocery store in Stonewall.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you going to have a solar well pump? I'm not sure if they are all they are said to be, 8 GPM I believe. I'd look into that in case something happens to the grid.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I might have that part covered! 😆

We're gonna start with some goats, chickens and guineas. Wife mentioned getting a calf to raise then eating it. I couldn't eat a cow I raised...I'd get too attached. I'll have to keep getting my beef at the grocery store. :anyone:

We're gonna try starting a hobby farm type place and see how that works. We applied for the ag sales tax exemption...never done that before.
Ahhh Corgi Acres. Big congrats, Now we'll look for you to be posting more pictures and stories. You know , garden pics, doggy pics, chicken pics, goat pics, cool bug pics, the home range pics, the stuck tractor pics. Etc.
The calf that went into the freezer last year was rib eye, the one in the pasture now is brisket. I scratched him yesterday and said I'll bet you'll taste even better than rib eye. Attach to your pooches but not the food items.

Last edited:

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So a brand new start, be sure to take us along on the new adventure. I figure you paid attention to the tractor thread so you should be covered there. Goats ? What's the plan there ? Milk or meat or just property clean up ? Chickens ?

Attachments

• 20210619_094723.jpg
    20210619_094723.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 29

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there any chance you would put in a concrete pad, 50 amp electric, water to the RV, and plumbing to the septic tank so that a "fellow OSA brethren" could park his RV there and take advantage of your gun range? (Maybe even build a pole barn-like structure over the pad and allow said "fellow OSA brethren" to stay long term?)

Actually, congratulations on the new acquisition. There are times when living in rural areas is a pain, but for most of the year, it is great. The wife and I have lived most of our lives in rural areas, although we have moved quite a bit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom