Finally Closed on the New House!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was referring to finding someone wanting to move to Olustee. I grew up in Jackson County. Even Altus has shrunk SIGNIFICANTLY since I lived there.

I completely understand. But part of the reason we looked all the way over in Ada is because anything, anywhere on this end of the state sells almost as soon as it hits the market. The reasonably priced stuff that anyone would want to live in, anyway. The realtor I used when I moved here says she doesn't even put stuff on the MLS any more. She calls or emails people on her "list" and generally sells places that way.

Hey... If it doesn't sell we'll always have the "Villa in Olustee" we can vacation in... 🤣

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there any chance you would put in a concrete pad, 50 amp electric, water to the RV, and plumbing to the septic tank so that a "fellow OSA brethren" could park his RV there and take advantage of your gun range? (Maybe even build a pole barn-like structure over the pad and allow said "fellow OSA brethren" to stay long term?)

Actually, congratulations on the new acquisition. There are times when living in rural areas is a pain, but for most of the year, it is great. The wife and I have lived most of our lives in rural areas, although we have moved quite a bit.

I'll put all that on the list... 🤣

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FYI, There's a new processor on Highway 3E down by Ahloso. I just got half a beef from a buddy that had it butchered there. I believe an Abbott owns it. IIRC, the Abbott family has a butcher shop on N. Oak in Ada and a small grocery store in Stonewall.
Abbott. I knew an Abbott from Ada. An old Vietnam vet. Wonder if he’s related to them. Rick Abbott. His wife was a nurse. He’s probably in his 70s now

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Made the offer on the place on September 24. It got to the point I never thought we'd get it. But, we did. Signed the papers Tues afternoon.

Modest, but newer, little home on 18.5 acres with a big shop, nice chicken coop and a tractor shed near Ada, OK. The property is really pretty with about 2/3 in pasture and 1/3 in lots of oak and other trees. Slightly rolling hills and plenty of privacy, too.

We actually moved a few essentials into the place but had to hurry back home Tues evening to beat the weather. We have a bit of remodeling to do before we move in for good. But we hope to start that next week. We plan to get some goats, chickens and guineas to start with...I've never done that before but the wife has. Now I get to go tractor shopping, too!

There's a metal carport on the property that will soon become my covered shooting area. :)

Can't wait to get out of the big city...the hustle and bustle of Olustee is wearing me down.

View attachment 250459
Congrats. That is a nice spread there. I’d like to live back in the country. I’ve been living in the city for 12 years now and not really caring for it

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was the first sunrise picture I took from the front porch of the new place last Sunday, I think:

Ada Sunset SM.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom