Find out if your legislators support open carry and SteveRussell's SB 1092

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to say, I’m NOT a fan of the idea of open carry because of the left. Anytime, ANYTHING happens the left wing nut jobs want to make more gun laws. Being that true “open carry” means that anyone that can but a gun legally should be able to carry one, this leaves to many opportunities for the left ot gain traction in the anti-gun movement. Also, I can tell you that 30% of my CCW students never get their licenses as they cannot afford the rest of the license process and/or cannot get time off work to do the finger prints on the one day a week that their S.O. does SDA finger printing for 2 hours that day. So if the state regulates “open carry” there will eventually another 8 hour class, finger printing and $250 to the state to pay for your “permit”.

So, you're allowing your emotional perceptions to outweigh statistical evidence? That's usually what anti-gun people do. :(

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've said this before but am reposting my thoughts, because i think it's worth repeating.
It's NOT about whether it's tactically sound to carry open or not, it's NOT about whether Oklahoma will be perceived as a backwoods state by others or not, it's really about changing the perception of the public to go back to a day when guns were a useful tool for free men and women, and not objects of hate or worship. Just tools used for defensive purposes, preventive purposes or hunting.

The sight of a gun should not send people into conniptions anymore than the sight of a chainsaw or a hammer or an automobile should.

Latest posts

Top Bottom