Fire mission Tulsa. Save the Brady name.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a politically correct person.

Its just a street name for Gods sake! Did somebody scatter his ashes there? Is he going to come back from the grave to protest the change? Will the clan ride again?

What a stupid discussion and an embarrassment for the city of Tulsa.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who gives a chit what the guy did. It wasn't yesterday. They don't even allow people to celebrate Columbus day anymore because it is insensitive to Indians. What a load of crap. The Brady district has a recognizable name now, so let's change it and start all over again because the guy it was named after was a jackass. lame.

JimCorrigan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I believe the citizens of Tulsa give a !@#@, and frankly, as an Oklahoman and a Native American I give a !@#@. It's like keeping "Hitler Blvd." No, Tate Brady didn't commit genocide, but Columbus certainly was on the verge. Read anything from his diaries and it's pure unadulterated facism. It's utterly offensive to have ANYTHING in Tulsa bear his name, honestly, to many people. I understand if you don't give a rat's behind, but hey, we do have some form of a democracy. But really.....you don't care about a horrible guy being honored? I mean....really? The accounts from the race riots are awful .

And he....tarred and feathered people. Seriously. Wouldn't we put someone in a cage for that?

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Brady St. was named in honor of James "The Bear Brady" Press Secretary for President Ronald Reagan. It should not be changed, despite connotations of malevolence toward 2nd Ammendment freedoms. We need to rally to preserve this street's name, and respect the one for whom it is namesaked. Let's sally forth in this endeavor and, "Do it one more time for the Gipper!".

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
I believe the citizens of Tulsa give a !@#@, and frankly, as an Oklahoman and a Native American I give a !@#@.

There is a Jackson street in Tulsa, as in Andrew Jackson(Manifest Destiny, Forced Removal, Trail of Tears, etc.). It seems to me like he has more blood on his hands than Tate Brady could have ever dreamed imaginable.

As a Native American, do you believe Tulsans should be honoring this man with a street named in his honor?

BTW, didn't Tate Brady quit the KKK and renounce it before he died? I guess the Politically Correct Citizens Patrol doesn't believe in forgiveness for repentant sinners.

Personally, I think people are more concerned about the fact that there are still mountains of rotting green waste debris still sitting by the curb waiting to be picked up by the city weeks after the severe storms scattered it all over the city, the TARE board ripping people off on the green waste program that is part of Tulsa's problematic new(solution in search of a problem) trash service and all of the illustrious municipal elected officials trying to cram as much unrelated pork and frivolous pet projects as they can(try to) get away with into the upcoming street funding sales tax package.

The real tragedy is that with as many problems as Tulsa legitimately has, all this time, energy and attention is being wasted focusing on changing the name of a street.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a politically correct person.

Its just a street name for Gods sake! Did somebody scatter his ashes there? Is he going to come back from the grave to protest the change? Will the clan ride again?

What a stupid discussion and an embarrassment for the city of Tulsa.

You took the words right out of my mind. I feel the same way. Its the name of a street. Whoopityfreakindo!

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, what kind of heater did Tate Brady pack? Bet it was a six shooter! Maybe a .38 Colt Police Positive Special. Tate would have loved that smooth, crisp, double action trigger pull of the Colt.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe the citizens of Tulsa give a !@#@, and frankly, as an Oklahoman and a Native American I give a !@#@. It's utterly offensive to have ANYTHING in Tulsa bear his name, honestly, to many people.

So where in the hell have all of these offended people been for the last several decades? Did they just now figure out this guy was so terrible, or did they just decide that we haven't had a public display of victimhood here in a while, and this would make a good platform? Christalmighty, it's been Brady Street for more than a few months. Why now all of a sudden?

Latest posts

Top Bottom