Firepower vs. concealability

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clean it, lube it, shoot it. Run about 300 rounds through it. Then try your favorite carry load. I'll bet it eats it just fine. Mine doesn't know the difference between Gold Dots and FMJ. :mosh:

You'll like that one.

I put 150 through it tonight. The first 100 were FMJ; the other 50 were JHP. I had no FTF/FTE with either, but I did have another issue. The magazine ejected a couple times during firing (no, I didn't hit the release button). I attribute it to the magazine being really stiff. After about 50 rounds, it quit happening altogether and ran well for the rest of the range session.

Can't believe I missed this thread before. Mike, I have had a PM9 in my pocket every time we have met up. You will like the CW. It is basically just not as fancy as the P series on the roll mark, and the front sight. I think the trigger is a little different, but I guess I am not sensitive enough to tell the difference?

Let me know if you are thinking of cutting it down, I will let you shoot my PM to see if that is the size you want before you do it. It is a little different, but I don't think you would have any problem with it at all.

Nice! OAS didn't have a PM9 in stock yesterday, or I might have it instead. I like the grip size where it is (for now), but still might chop it down at some point. If you ever have an excuse to come up my way, we'll head out to Tri-City and I'll take you up on your offer.

I really like it so far. It shot a 4" group at 25 yards w/ Speer Lawman FMJ. Accurate enough and the sights are dead on. I think it's definitely worth the extra $100 compared to the KelTec PF-9 for the fit, finish & trigger. No fluff/buff necessary & the feedramp looks like a mirror already. I love the wide stainless trigger, which is nice and smooth. It was a snap to clean, too.

No buyer's remorse here. :yelclap:

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for opinions on slim pistols in 9mm or larger.

PM-9. Why the price tag difference between the CW9 & PM9? I don't get it. I'm on the fence w/ the CW9. I've never seen or handled one, but they are reasonably priced.

Your thoughts are appreciated. Whatever I end up buying, I want to try a Raven concealment IWB with.

I believe the PM9 is more expesive because of the "Lothar Walther 3" polygonal rifled match grade barrel"

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first concealed carry gun was a Glock 36. I thought that 7 rounds of 45 ACP in the gun was sufficient for my needs. Unfortunately I found that I could not truly conceal it all the time. I recently opted for a Kahr PM-9 in a pocket holster with 7 rounds of 9mm in the gun.

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
get a cw9 or p9 and have me chop it to take pm9 mags.

thats the ticket...

I second this!! I bought a P9 and had Mike work his magic on it. IMO it shoots differently than a PM9 (better!!). If you ever want to give it a try, shoot me a PM. I'd be happy to meet you over at H&H at lunch sometime to give it a try.

glock23

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I am in the office (dress much like you) I go front pocket carry. It is not optimal, but it is the only thing that works well for me and ensures that I will always have it with me (Glock is nearby in a lock box). I found that a Ke-tec P3AT was by far the most concealable for front pocket carry, but the limitations are obviously numberous for this weapon (poor sights, small caliber, etc.). The smith and Wesson 340PD was bulkier but still do-able in the front pocket and that is a lot of firepower for a pocket gun (expensive weapon though). Inside the waistband never worked for me, so this was my next best choice. I carried under my suit coat for a while, but not being able to take off my jacket was awful.....that is what led me to my conclusions.....good luck, if you ask me having to dress up in Oklahoma in the summer time should be against the law.............................

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pocket carry daily at work with my PF9; very lightweight, seems reliable so far but I don't have many rounds through it yet. Tried a 357 snubbie but couldn't keep my pants from being tugged down and was constantly hitching them up. The PF9 seems to me to be a very good compromise if I can't IWB

Latest posts

Top Bottom