First attempt at smokin'.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so don't mix the smoke. Got it. So today I have to decide... apple or hickory? Hmmm.... Looks like I may be doing a few more racks, as well, the neighbors heard about my smoking operation (or smelled, lol) and asked if I'd do a couple of racks for them, as they have a large crowd coming this afternoon for a Memorial Day celebration. I don't mind, I love to cook, and I'm thinking this smoking thing is gonna open up a whole new world for me!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I know is the best steaks I've ever eaten were at a place which used a mix of hickory and citrus. Of course, this wasn't smoking, it was at 800F. And it was beef.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The pic looked delicious!!!! Have you decided how many racks you are doing today? And you should snap some pics throughout the prepping and cooking process. It would be pretty cool to see some food p0rn.

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can do food pr0n.

I know I'm doing a rack of babyback (4hrs) and a rack of spareribs (6 hrs). Was considering doing some 'dillo eggs, too. Then the neighbors asked if I'd do some for them... so I might do another 2 racks of babybacks. Not sure, though.

So, it looks like it's going to be a long day! lol But that's ok, it's like a new toy!

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hahaha!

Well, I just took the ribs out, they sat in the ice chest in the foil for about a half-hour.

OMG, those are freaking good! NOT dry, NOT tough, heavy ring of smoke, a bit spicy (that's the Tony's and pepper), just a hint of sweet. I'm debating if I even want sauce on them. These things are SERIOUS ribs!

I'm in LOVE!

<edit> And they are JUICY! Not just "not dry", they are JUICY!!!! Wow...

I CALL BS, BS, BS untill I taste em! LOL! Sounds like someone as another hobby! I like your new hobby.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's what I'm up to so far today!

i236.photobucket.com_albums_ff121_tRdoc_Grillin_202014_222_zpscb8a6711.jpg

Thoughts????

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Appears my company is not going to make it up from Dallas today. We'll see... they said tomorrow, now I'm not going to hold my breath, to say the least!

Latest posts

Top Bottom