First Ticket EVER 1 Question for LEO or lawyer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firemedic183

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I'm riding is a wheelchair in front of my computer at home. And after listening to all of our extreme posts I'd be surprised if firemedic183 stays with us but if he does he's a great guy. And I for one would like to meet him. I mean I've been as hard on him more that most of you and he is still here. Welcome. Really, all of these guys and gals are better than me, but I'm happy to meet ya. Wheelchair and all.
Stan, thank you for your kind words. After reading your story I can understand why speeding is a sensitive issue with you. I certainly plan on staying around. There have been a few very helpful responses on this thread, which makes it worth the post. I do admit that I am slightly surprised at some of the folks on here posting negative things such as "being really really dumb, and trolling. I hate trolling too, so I do take a bit of offense to that. Thank you again. I am always up for healthy debate, and I definitely try to respect others views and opinions.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
THANK YOU for being very helpful. I will look into that. Your answer is the reason that I posted in the first place. And yes! It was very kind of the officer to reduce the infraction.

Actually, if you look at my snippy response above Brandi's, I told you the same thing.

All I'm riding is a wheelchair in front of my computer at home. And after listening to all of our extreme posts I'd be surprised if firemedic183 stays with us but if he does he's a great guy. And I for one would like to meet him. I mean I've been as hard on him more that most of you and he is still here. Welcome. Really, all of these guys and gals are better than me, but I'm happy to meet ya. Wheelchair and all.

You know Stan, giving crap to people is part of the OSA modus operandi. If we didn't do it, how would he feel our love and feel welcome?

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JB, In regards to your earlier post I wouldn't say really really dumb, just uneducated since this is my first traffic offense. I am sorry if this really got on your nerves, I was just wondering how Oklahoma courts worked as far as mistakes on official documents went. Not to worry, I will pay the ticket. I am certainly not here to frustrate people, just trying to get information and share ideas just like most people on here.

Dont mind JB, he is a lawyer, he can't help how he acts.

No matter what questions, or ideas you share here, people will just pick you apart.

They are like Family, but like Family, the get on yer freaking nerves sometimes!

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another reason that the citation was dropped to 10 over is for the benefit of the officer. If the person just pleads guilty or no contest and pays the fine, then thats another case he doesn't have to go to court for.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stan, thank you for your kind words. After reading your story I can understand why speeding is a sensitive issue with you. I certainly plan on staying around. There have been a few very helpful responses on this thread, which makes it worth the post. I do admit that I am slightly surprised at some of the folks on here posting negative things such as "being really really dumb, and trolling. I hate trolling too, so I do take a bit of offense to that. Thank you again. I am always up for healthy debate, and I definitely try to respect others views and opinions.

JB is usually a lot more civil. Now..the thing that you may or may not know is that he's a lawyer. One of the fails of this thread is that everyone has been bashing you for asking an obtuse question rather than exploring the vast potential it has for lawyer jokes. Welcome to the forum, there are a bunch of good guys and gals around here. It takes a while to learn some of their ideosyncrasies but once you do it's a fun place.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the fails of this thread is that everyone has been bashing you for asking an obtuse question rather than exploring the vast potential it has for lawyer jokes.

A lawyer was standing in a long line to get tickets for a play. Suddenly, he felt the hands of the man behind him, kneading into his back.

He turned and gave the man a stern look, and the kneading stopped. But a few minutes later, he again felt the man's hands on his back

"Excuse me," the lawyer asked, "But why are you touching my back?"

"I'm a chiropractor," the man replied, "and I sometimes I can't keep myself from practicing my skills."

"Get control of yourself," the lawyer shot back. "I'm an attorney, and you don't see me screwing the guy in front of me, do you?"

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know we all write in good fun. Me included. I'm having great fun, with friends. tomorrow the wife and I are headed to a Motorhome rally in Lexington Kentucky with 8,000 other rigs.Sso I will not post for a bit, but I can not wait to get back and play some more. Oh, and by the by... an old phrase... Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom