First Ticket EVER 1 Question for LEO or lawyer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lawyer was standing in a long line to get tickets for a play. Suddenly, he felt the hands of the man behind him, kneading into his back.

He turned and gave the man a stern look, and the kneading stopped. But a few minutes later, he again felt the man's hands on his back

"Excuse me," the lawyer asked, "But why are you touching my back?"

"I'm a chiropractor," the man replied, "and I sometimes I can't keep myself from practicing my skills."

"Get control of yourself," the lawyer shot back. "I'm an attorney, and you don't see me screwing the guy in front of me, do you?"

I should have been more specific. The potential for jokes I was referring to was because of the fact that a lawyer got aggravated over someone inquiring about getting a ticket thrown out for a silly technicality. That being said, that one was pretty funny.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FireCop203 said:
Another reason that the citation was dropped to 10 over is for the benefit of the officer. If the person just pleads guilty or no contest and pays the fine, then thats another case he doesn't have to go to court for.

If I'm correct cops get paid extra when they sit in court. I don't think they'd drop it so they don't get to make extra money.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I'm correct cops get paid extra when they sit in court. I don't think they'd drop it so they don't get to make extra money.

It depends on the department. There are different ways for compensation. Overtime, comp time, stuff like that. I never went to court for anything if I didn't have to. It was usually my luck that if I had to go to court it was on my day off.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A clerical error is not enough for the ticket to get thrown out. Bottom line is that you were guilty and the guy cut you a break. Welcome to the club... Most of us have blemished traffic records...

FWIW.. If I were a judge or DA and was approached with this question, I would be kinda pissed, so take that into consideration, too

Latest posts

Top Bottom