Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Guess by now you guys have figured out what time it is...

OP I hope this is showing you that if this is important to you, you have to find a time when you can do it, things will always get in the way if you let them.

Definitely. Have to change up my schedule some.

As far as dietary things go, I am doing a couple of different things and they seem to be working. First is "intermittent fasting" after I eat dinner I don't eat until lunch the next day. Breakfast is a big cup of coffee with about 2 tbsp of heavy cream. The fat keeps me from getting hungry but does not trigger any insulin response so it's the same as skipping a meal, but I honestly do not get hungry most days. If I do there is a bag of almonds on my desk. After that I am eating a high fat high protein lunch and dinner. I get plenty to eat, but no trash. Just veggies in real butter and meat.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^ Mitch, one of the things I've learned is that skipping meals can have the opposite effect than expected. The way I understand it, skipping a meal can signal the body to store more fat as a reserve for those times that its not getting food. It is often recommended to eat several (small portions) throughout the day, so that the body always has food to get energy from. opposed to storing energy as fat when food is available, and then tapping into that stored energy when there is no food available.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, just gun oil. Poked a lot of holes.....

Hope to do some of that on Friday.

Today is gonna be hard.
300 standard jumps w/ jump rope, 100 side to side (like skiing) jump rope, max pushup, max pull up, lunge jumps, run 1/4 mile at 6:30 pace.
repeat 4 times. Try to recover during jump rope.
Well see if can keep that running time, probably will slow down some after 2nd rep.
Maybe i'll add 30 sec's of wind-sucking time after 2nd or 3rd rep :)

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
^^^ Mitch, one of the things I've learned is that skipping meals can have the opposite effect than expected. The way I understand it, skipping a meal can signal the body to store more fat as a reserve for those times that its not getting food. It is often recommended to eat several (small portions) throughout the day, so that the body always has food to get energy from. opposed to storing energy as fat when food is available, and then tapping into that stored energy when there is no food available.

This is absolutely true DEPENDING on what you are eating. I don't understand it but it has a lot to do with insulin response and such. Remember, you are already in a bit of a fast just by eating dinner around 6-8 and not eating breakfast till 6-8 the next day. That's as much as a 12 hour fast already. During that time your gut bacteria are cycling and a bunch of other sciencey stuff. By eating the coffee with heavy cream I am giving my body some of what it needs to "run" but not triggering an insulin response. I don't fully understand it, but it's working well so far. Not to say it will work for everyone, do some reading on "Intermittent Fasting" and see for yourself.

Here is the meal plan I am trying to go by as well as some other things. Not doing the "challenge" but this outlines pretty well what I am trying to eat and do.
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-primal-blueprint-21-day-challenge-infographic/#axzz3LXXhpStP

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is absolutely true DEPENDING on what you are eating. I don't understand it but it has a lot to do with insulin response and such. Remember, you are already in a bit of a fast just by eating dinner around 6-8 and not eating breakfast till 6-8 the next day. That's as much as a 12 hour fast already. During that time your gut bacteria are cycling and a bunch of other sciencey stuff. By eating the coffee with heavy cream I am giving my body some of what it needs to "run" but not triggering an insulin response. I don't fully understand it, but it's working well so far. Not to say it will work for everyone, do some reading on "Intermittent Fasting" and see for yourself.

Here is the meal plan I am trying to go by as well as some other things. Not doing the "challenge" but this outlines pretty well what I am trying to eat and do.
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-primal-blueprint-21-day-challenge-infographic/#axzz3LXXhpStP

Very cool. I like that chart. You have to do what works for you.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nutrition is my weak link. I like to eat, and I like all the bad stuff lol. Scheduling is a *****. Worked till 3:30, booked home to get kids off bus, take oldest to music lesson, rush home get dinner in the oven and get to the gym by 6:30!!!

Warmup
2 minute light jog
Side shuffles and over-unders
PVC pipe presses and shoulder stretches

Workout (target is to keep each "set" under 7 minutes)
Set 1
Run 200 meters
21 20" box jumps
200m
15 box jumps
200m
9 box jumps

Set 2
200m
15 pull ups
200m
12 pull ups
200m
9 pull ups

Set 3
200m
21 push-ups
200m
15 push-ups
200m
9 push-ups

Pass out on the deck and sweat profusely.

Latest posts

Top Bottom