Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Up.

1 1/2 hours on the heavy bag yesterday early AM boxing, abs, then got on the mtn bike riding offroad on a trail in the woods near the house. I was gone long enough to listen to Pink Floyds new album on Spotify. I have another 2 hour workout to do this morning on the bag with martial arts doing kick drills with leg weights on to cover the leg workout I didnt totally get into Tuesday night. No biking after kick drills tho, hell maybe no walking either if I workout hard enough.

Yesterday I cheated on my eating post workout and had a ft long and a 6" roast beef/provolone/hot peppers sub on wheat with chips and a large Coke from Firehouse for lunch. I just couldnt take the no carb thing any longer. I had had a good workout boxing so I rewarded myself, a bad no no. Waaa. Im only cheating on myself. For dinner tho I had 2 cans of white albacore tuna in water drained with celery, purple onion, b&b pickles in a pita pocket. Tonight is Italian restaurant night with the wife and inlaws for anniversary dinner but planning to be a good boy. Sticking to a steak, grilled Italian sausage, mussels and salad w/ raw veggies and ONE bite of linguine, and maybe some Tiramisu- but no bruschetta, no wine or limoncello martini's, no bread dipped in oil&garlic, no fun. Looking forward to Saturday and my eat whatever I want day. After yard work Im BBQing whatever protein I can find in the freezer, frying sweet potato fries and baking some beans in the oven with a butternut squash. Sunday is my biggest and favorite workout day, benches, so I like to carb load late night the night before with some pasta in butter, my faves being either the Amish egg noodles from Chouteau that the wife brings home or whole wheat noodles I get at Sprouts.

One reason why I workout is so I can eat the stuff I like (within reason) and hopefully live longer than my dad who passed away a month shy of 60 due to a massive heart attack- he was not doing what he was supposed to do after he had had a triple bypass at 44. Im 45 and have had always had good checkups, never been in the hospital besides a motorcycle accident stay a few days at 25. My dad worked hard in his businesses, to him that was a workout, but he played hard and partied harder and it got him, besides his size being 6'5" and over 300lbs. He was a typical Scot. He was an ex wrestler, football player, boxer then became a Marine during Korea and then after the Marines his workouts were banging it out in his auto body/paint/service shop. He smoked tho, and not always cigars, and he loved his bourban and scotch. Im only 5'10" but Im 265lbs. Never have smoked and I dont drink to excess any more. Still, gotta lose some LBs. My neck, arm and calf my wife measured for me were all 3 the same this past spring at around 17 1/2" plus, thighs 28". She did em again last night and my arms are 17 1/2" cold (18" if I flexed), calves 19", neck 18", thighs 29". Not happy with waist size, not sharing it. Lets just say I said goodbye to 36s last winter and now the 38s I went to in the spring are starting to get too tight for me and I may be heading for a 40 and buying up old man Dockers or cargo shorts and pants if I dont get a handle on it. My goal was to just add an inch or so to my arms and get my boxing in shape not concentrating too heavy on weight loss but looks like I do need to lose a bunch of inches around the waist if I can. My thighs, calves I dont want any bigger.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did some leg strengthening, plus shoulders. I have to go light on shoulder stuff - had both rotator cuffs done in recent years.
Gonna try to shoot a hog today, (that'll be a workout if I get him!) run tomorrow.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Up.

Tonight is Italian restaurant night with the wife and inlaws for anniversary dinner but planning to be a good boy. Sticking to a steak, grilled Italian sausage, mussels and salad w/ raw veggies and ONE bite of linguine, and maybe some Tiramisu- but no bruschetta, no wine or limoncello martini's, no bread dipped in oil&garlic, no fun.

Not happy with waist size, not sharing it. Lets just say I said goodbye to 36s last winter and now the 38s I went are getting too tight for me

Looks like a great place, we are going to check it out tonight for the Wife's birthday.

I am going to get the bruschetta and tiramisu though...

I was in 38 stretch waist pants, now I'm in 36 and they are loose, feels pretty good...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One reason why I workout is so I can eat the stuff I like (within reason) and hopefully live longer than my dad who passed away a month shy of 60 due to a massive heart attack- he was not doing what he was supposed to do after he had had a triple bypass at 44. Im 45.

This is kind of where I'm at. I'm 46. My dad died from complications of diabetes just shy of his 70th birthday lady year. He'd been in decline for nearly a decade. I'm not going out that way.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in 38 stretch waist pants, now I'm in 36 and they are loose, feels pretty good...
Nobody likes a bragger. Lollll. Kidding. Congrats. I'll get back to those 36s some day. One thing about being a yo-yo type of dieter I never throw away clothes, so I still have tons of clothes going back to even before the 36s and when still in XL shirts. (Now its 2X and on...). I ran into Garth (Brooks), his best friend is a mutual friend of ours, at Academy Sports in Tulsa not long ago and it had been awhile since I had seen him in person, like maybe 10 years. We caught each other in the big mens T shirt section. Lollll. I told him that I remember when he was thinner and he said he remembered me being alot thinner- in the middle. Yep, that was me. Sobering.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nobody likes a bragger. Lollll. Kidding. Congrats. I'll get back to those 36s some day. One thing about being a yo-yo type of dieter I never throw away clothes, so I still have tons of clothes going back to even before the 36s and when still in XL shirts. (Now its 2X and on...). I ran into Garth (Brooks), his best friend is a mutual friend of ours, at Academy Sports in Tulsa not long ago and it had been awhile since I had seen him in person, like maybe 10 years. We caught each other in the big mens T shirt section. Lollll. I told him that I remember when he was thinner and he said he remembered me being alot thinner- in the middle. Yep, that was me. Sobering.

I go the opposite, I get rid of the fatties, kind of my financial penalty for going back up, and I've paid the penalty a couple of times...

Wife has convinced me to start wearing L in t-shirts and pull overs, they actually fit great, took a while to get used to coming from the "lots of extra room" XL's...

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife has convinced me to start wearing L in t-shirts and pull overs, they actually fit great, took a while to get used to coming from the "lots of extra room" XL's...

I have tons of UnderArmour and other brands of wick the moisture away types of athletic shirts in different sizes but the bad part about them is that they get unwearable if you find yourself going up in size, they just get too tight. I bought them basically for summer to keep full sleeve tattooed arms out of the sun without sweating in regular long sleeve Ts but just now got into working out in them vs regular sweats and I really like them alot better for my weight workouts than wearing my usual sleeveless Ts. I feel the workout better if its an upper body weight workout, and theyre nice to wear even when not working out. Boxing I will still wear sleeveless tho when working out.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a 36 waist and they are getting loose.

Yesterday was chest day
Bench (smith machine)
10x130
12x160
10x175
10x200
8x225

Inclined bench
10x100
12x120
10x130
8x150

Chest fly cable machine ( I did these for three positions on the machine top,middle,bottom)

12x20 on each side
10x25
8x30

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sorta. Heavy cream has different and better benefits due to not being as broken down as butter, plus being cream it mixes just like milk. Tastes good too. I have done the butter in coffee, and it's not for me....

Latest posts

Top Bottom