Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my official results for the rugged maniac race, 14th overall with a time of 34:43 if I remember correctly, I don't feel to bad about it considering I didn't push myself as hard as I would have normally since I was trying to make sure the back held up, gives me something to look forward to for the conquer the gauntlet race, gonna run the mud factor race this month just for fun, but gonna concentrate on my miles and form while training to get my back nice and healthy, really wanting to make a good showing for that race, still today I laid off running and just climbed on the treadmill for calories and some cardio, climbed 5000 feet in 52:16, then did 400 reps of back and chest with 275 reps of abs in under 35 minutes, time to start the final push for optimum endurance
Congrats! I ended up 59th overall but did better than last year. Slid down one of the hills wrong and hit my leg on a good chunk of earth. Somebody during either the 10:30 or 10:45 run hurt themselves bad (someone said broken leg). Still had a blast and am really looking forward to Mud Factor.

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my official results for the rugged maniac race, 14th overall with a time of 34:43 if I remember correctly, I don't feel to bad about it considering I didn't push myself as hard as I would have normally since I was trying to make sure the back held up, gives me something to look forward to for the conquer the gauntlet race, gonna run the mud factor race this month just for fun, but gonna concentrate on my miles and form while training to get my back nice and healthy, really wanting to make a good showing for that race, still today I laid off running and just climbed on the treadmill for calories and some cardio, climbed 5000 feet in 52:16, then did 400 reps of back and chest with 275 reps of abs in under 35 minutes, time to start the final push for optimum endurance
Dang man. Nicely done!!

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats! I ended up 59th overall but did better than last year. Slid down one of the hills wrong and hit my leg on a good chunk of earth. Somebody during either the 10:30 or 10:45 run hurt themselves bad (someone said broken leg). Still had a blast and am really looking forward to Mud Factor.
Improvement is always a good thing, I knocked off 1 min of my time from last year, but yes I agree with you, they had the course set up nicely, even within the race I enjoyed the obstacles, I'm pretty sure I saw the medics rolling in as I was walking to my truck, I wondered if someone was ok, I think I'm doing the 11:30 wave for the mud factor, first wave I had the option of signing up for, what time is yours?

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Improvement is always a good thing, I knocked off 1 min of my time from last year, but yes I agree with you, they had the course set up nicely, even within the race I enjoyed the obstacles, I'm pretty sure I saw the medics rolling in as I was walking to my truck, I wondered if someone was ok, I think I'm doing the 11:30 wave for the mud factor, first wave I had the option of signing up for, what time is yours?
11:30 am! So I'll be somewhere behind you.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boys, I had a tough one today, glad it's over!

13 min warmup

10 rounds 'sandbag complex' (3 reps each of deadlift, bent rows, hang cleans, front squat, push press, back squat, pushups), start new round every 60 sec

Rest 3 min

20 rounds 2x burpees then suicide sprints, start new round every 30 sec

Rest 3 min.

19 min of abs

10 min of stretching and foam roller work.

I finished it as strong as possible but dang, those suicides were a *****. My heart rate was around 190, thats pushing it for this old man!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
4.25 miles today, averaging 7:20/ mile.

I've been fighting off a bug my girls brought home from school and the follow-up sinus infection for the last few weeks.

I only have about 25 total miles across those weeks, and my heart rate has been high compared to where it historically should be for pace as I'm fighting this off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom