Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
21:28 at the 5k last night. At 90°-ish it certainly lived up to its name.

Buddhaman, I was a little surprised we actually saw each other after the race. How'd you do?
I managed a 31:23 but I hung with my friend for most of it. He hasn't run in awhile so I was keeping him moving. I generally stay around a 10 min/mile but I'm hoping to get down to a sub-30min 5K sometime this year.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I managed a 31:23 but I hung with my friend for most of it. He hasn't run in awhile so I was keeping him moving. I generally stay around a 10 min/mile but I'm hoping to get down to a sub-30min 5K sometime this year.

Running the time you did in that heat/humidity, and while hanging back with a buddy I'd be surprised if you didn't crack 30 minutes with more favorable conditions.

I knew a couple other guys who ran it and we were all a good 90 seconds or so off of our usual 5k times.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Landrunners are about to start fall marathon/half marathon training. The first group run is July 30.

These runs are supported (water/Powerade stops every few miles) and free. They're also a great way to help create or maintain fitness and meet people even if you aren't planning on a race this fall.

http://www.okcrunning.org/trainingsignup if you want to get an email once or twice a week with the course map and other info about the next run.

bluedog46

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still been hitting it. Since the 2 years I have been back after my 17 years away from the gym I got my bench up to 335 from 2 reps of 185, don't know what my squat was and my deadlift is 355. BOdyweight is 315 from 380 and bodyfat is down to 23% from 39%. Just keeping it going.

Latest posts

Top Bottom