Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I was doing pretty good for the last year or so and then started PT 90 days before my surgery to increase the strength of certain muscles. Pain management was not a consideration so to say it was a pleasant experience would be a bold faced lie. Basically, if I wasn't at PT, or doing the exercises on my off days at home, I was chewing up pain pills, muscle relaxants and anti-anxiety meds. I gained 15 pounds and feel like I lost all the gains I'd made in cardio endurance.

2 days after surgery (2 weeks ago tomorrow) I started walking up and down the block and doing gentle stretches. Day before yesterday I walked my first full mile and a half since before PT started.

I fully expect to get my post open PT orders tomorrow. Friday I have an appointment at the gym with a trainer to go back to work on rebuilding my endurance, cardio-wise. I think I cannot start lifting weight (or doing bodyweight workouts) for another 3 months. I'll find out tomorrow, for sure.

Hopefully being accountable to you guys will help me gain back the fitness I lost and finish what I started last year.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still training for the War Eagle 50k in June.

Did this last weekend. Pretty cool event within Hobbs State Park on a beautiful course with enough hills and slighty technical trails to make it interesting. Saw alot of guys and gals walking around afterwards with skinned up knees and elbows. NW Arkansas has a huge trail running community so it drew alot of runners and a handful of very fast ones. Would definately recommend it to someone wanting to try trail running and with a 10, 25 and 50k course, there's something for everyone.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So far, so good. I'm up to 3.0 miles a day, and doing really light weight training with a personal trainer twice a week, and doing PT twice a day every day.

Shot my first match in several years at Tri-City Sunday. Felt great afterwards (except I had to shoot that damned .22 -- I miss my 9mm). Didn't too too shabby for a chick who literally hasn't shot a pistol in several months, and not shot regularly in years.

Shoulders and neck are sore but the good kind of sore, ya know? No headaches!! Yeah!!

My biggest obstacle right now is the swelling in my throat. I can't eat anything thicker than watered down shakes and NO TEXTURE at all or things start closing up. I've decided to just stick with protein drinks and make "soups" with canned veggies that are pureed because fresh stuff has too much texture. I can't get it beat up smooth enough.

All in all I can't complain. I feel so much better. I've been told that sometimes it takes up to a year or so to adjust so I guess I'm in for the long haul.

So ... regular workouts for upper body and core strength, PT for neck strength and flexibility and walking/VERY light jogging for cardio.

Steady as she goes so far! :)

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I just found out my doc FINALLY got the insurance company to approve a bone stimulator for me! NOW I'm really excited. I want to do EVERYTHING I can to make sure this thing doesn't fail. Damned insurance company has fought us every, single step of the way. I've EVEN had a doctor go to the lengths this guy and his staff has gone to to get the RIGHT care I need, not the half-assed care insurance wants me to have.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've EVEN had a doctor go to the lengths this guy and his staff has gone to to get the RIGHT care I need, not the half-assed care insurance wants me to have.
Great to hear. Rarely these days do ya hear good stories about medical care. Glad you are getting what ya need!!!

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did this last weekend. Pretty cool event within Hobbs State Park on a beautiful course with enough hills and slighty technical trails to make it interesting. Saw alot of guys and gals walking around afterwards with skinned up knees and elbows. NW Arkansas has a huge trail running community so it drew alot of runners and a handful of very fast ones. Would definately recommend it to someone wanting to try trail running and with a 10, 25 and 50k course, there's something for everyone.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
I wish I lived in the Tulsa area, if only for the trail running opportunities.

Weekend before last I ran the Oklahoma Endurance Run 6 hour at Earlywine Park in Moore. Very hot race, but I managed to put up 22x 1.55 mile laps, good for second place.

Very interesting experience, and something I'd like to do again.

Now I'm trying to tune up for the Stars and Stripes Forever 5k on Independence Day. Hoping to lower my PR like I did last year at that race.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Up and out the door guys! Gotta get my morning walk in and hit the gym for some baby weights.

Car needs some cleaning, too, which doesn't really count as a workout until you take into consideration I haven't been able to use my right arm and hand for much in the last 6 months or so.

Y'all all have a good day!

Latest posts

Top Bottom