Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm 56 and I'll give some of you younger guys a little tip, if you have never trained with weights, start NOW. I've know several guys who look great from being athletes or just have good genetics but they don't lift weights. They have an excellent physique their whole life but they get a little older and one day you see them and they just look like a tired and weak old man. Skinny arms and legs with no chest and slouched over because they have no strength to stand up straight. Muscle is the key to the fountain of youth. If you loose a lot of your muscle it's like taking the big V8 engine out of your pickup and sticking in a moped motor. You loose one pound of muscle a year after you turn 30 and it's very hard to build muscle after you hit your 50s so before you get there, put on all the muscle you can.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm 56 and I'll give some of you younger guys a little tip, if you have never trained with weights, start NOW. I've know several guys who look great from being athletes or just have good genetics but they don't lift weights. They have an excellent physique their whole life but they get a little older and one day you see them and they just look like a tired and weak old man. Skinny arms and legs with no chest and slouched over because they have no strength to stand up straight. Muscle is the key to the fountain of youth. If you loose a lot of your muscle it's like taking the big V8 engine out of your pickup and sticking in a moped motor. You loose one pound of muscle a year after you turn 30 and it's very hard to build muscle after you hit your 50s so before you get there, put on all the muscle you can.
Of course you didn't tell us this until I turned 31...

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tonight was warm-up then 6 "sprints" (relatively speaking) .35 miles each then a cool down. Distance running (again, relative) at a leisurely pace had brought me to a plateau of comfort so I'm trying to break through to the next level of cardio. It sucks but feels good at the same time knowing I'm pushing myself out of my comfort zone.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to be THAT guy and make a 2016 resolution to get back into shape. I was a 5 days a week at the gym guy for years, but it fell off dramatically after my wife gave birth, then jacked her knee up. I can definitely tell a difference in how I feel. I've gained some flab around the middle and I have definitely lost some muscle mass. Going to enjoy myself until the new years, then I am going to get back on a damn schedule.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Coming off a heavy week. Crashed and burned during last deadlift cycle. Feeling the temptation to slack off during Christmas week but moving forward with a Mon, Wed and weekend workout.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
joined a really nice gym in MWC Monday. Exercise/fitness was pretty much my life up until about 5 years ago when I all but stopped with little month long spurts of consistency here and there. ive had enough of this being weak and fat garbage so its time to put the focus back on fitness. Ultimate goal is to get back into thai boxing supplemented with Olympic weightlifting. For now im doing a good ol push, pull, legs routine with a 4th day of core, cardio, and bag work. Biggest weaknesses are flexibility/mobility and diet, doing yoga twice per week for starters and go from there...diet is clean but Ive always had trouble with off days. Just finished my leg day and I can already tell im going to be paralyzed for about 3 days.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I "Ran" a 5K and a Half Marathon this morning. More of a fast walk than runs. I'm so out of shape my half time was an hour slower than I was averaging in the spring. I need to get back to training.

Latest posts

Top Bottom