Flashlights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love the idea my wife and I also run a small business. Thanks for the heads up. Does he have an online site we can order from? We are 3 hrs from OKC.

I don’t knOw if he has online ordering or not, but he does have a website with a phone number.

He might do shipping. I’m not sure. I just always stop in.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a lot of guys have mentioned getting something rechargeable. I would advise against it, and I'll tell you why.

Years ago, I was assisting the local sheriff's department look for an escapee. I had my trusty Streamlight SL-20, rechargeable flashlight with me.

I probably didn't get 100 yards away from my car when the damned thing decided to DIE right then and there.

Like a scalded dog, I sauntered back to my car and called it a night, leaving with as much dignity as I could possibly muster.

A few months later, I was in a gun shop telling that story when a strapping young policeman walked up to me, saying he couldn't help hearing my story. He obviously knew my dilemma, saying I wasn't the first time he had heard that story, and introduced me to the Surefire 6P.

He went on to tell me how if I had been carrying a SF 6P that night, along with some extra batteries, I could have stayed in the hunt instead of having to bail.

Since that day, I've left the rechargeable lights on the shelf and I religiously carry a Surefire or Streamlight that runs on CR123 batts.

"But the batteries are so expensive" the masses cry out. Not really, because you can buy em buy the dozen for around 20 bucks or so.

Just something to consider...
Nothing wrong with having a rechargable PLUS a backup like a Surefire e2e with fresh batteries!

I carried a e2e between 2001 and 2008, it had a problem of pushing out of my pocket every once in a while.

Lost it a few times, found it a few times, until I lost it for good! ☹️

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a lot of guys have mentioned getting something rechargeable. I would advise against it, and I'll tell you why...
You make a good point, but you don't have to choose between rechargeable and replaceable batteries. The Streamlight ProTac HL 5X linked above uses rechargeables, but it will also take 123A lithium batteries.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You make a good point, but you don't have to choose between rechargeable and replaceable batteries. The Streamlight ProTac HL 5X linked above uses rechargeables, but it will also take 123A lithium batteries.
Yeah, I know there are a few that are dual fueled (18650 and CR123) and I think those are kinda cool. Just be sure and carry some spare batts with you at all times. Here's what I usually carry on a day to day basis. The lights are both Streamlight: The ProTac 1L-1AA and a Streamlight Microstream. Sometimes I carry a Surefire G2X Tactical (single output/High 600 Lumens) but usually it's the Streamlight. I like that little feller so much, I have another one (in Coyote Brown color) on order. The little battery carrier is made by ASP. The batts fit in very snug with 99.9% zero rattle. They do rattle just a smidge, but only if you shake the bejesus out it.

20211206_083005.jpg
20211206_083056.jpg

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW we have been using lights from elusive wildlife/kill lights in red, green, and white. They use either a rechargeable battery or two CR132. Much cheaper to operate and the batteries and lights have lasted for years. I have seen friends/family replacing their lights multiple times, we have not had to.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I wanted to give my good customers nice flashlights. A buddy recommended calling Nebo. The rep from Dallas called and said if I bought x,xxx I could save $ by becoming a dealer. I did, so I am.
If y'all find anything on Nebo's sight and we can get case orders, I'll bundle them up for cost.
I have several different that I carry in the truck. Fav is a rechargeable cob worklight
https://nebo.acgbrands.com/en_US/rechargeable-workbrite-2.htmlBeside the bed is the Slide King rechargeable
https://nebo.acgbrands.com/en_US/slyde-king-2nd-gen.htmlThe spotlight stays in the truck and the jeep
https://nebo.acgbrands.com/en_US/12k.htmlThey also had a Big Larry, a cob 500 lumen with magnetic charging base, can't find it. It sits on the kitchen counter.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I wanted to give my good customers nice flashlights. A buddy recommended calling Nebo. The rep from Dallas called and said if I bought x,xxx I could save $ by becoming a dealer. I did, so I am.
If y'all find anything on Nebo's sight and we can get case orders, I'll bundle them up for cost.
I have several different that I carry in the truck. Fav is a rechargeable cob worklight
https://nebo.acgbrands.com/en_US/rechargeable-workbrite-2.htmlBeside the bed is the Slide King rechargeable
https://nebo.acgbrands.com/en_US/slyde-king-2nd-gen.htmlThe spotlight stays in the truck and the jeep
https://nebo.acgbrands.com/en_US/12k.htmlThey also had a Big Larry, a cob 500 lumen with magnetic charging base, can't find it. It sits on the kitchen counter.
Wish I'd seen this three days ago. Just ordered and received a Nebo 12K, complete with rechargeable batteries.
Very well built and sturdy. The lens slides back and forth to change the focus.
I like it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom