flashlights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is this for self defense or vermin eradication? If self-defense, how much is your life worth?

I'd say my life is worth the best light I can afford. i dont use credit cards so I can only buy what I can buy. and unless the flashlight shoots out some "killer beam" im unaware of, the light is simply an accessory on the instrument that is going to save my life. so, sorry that i cant get the most expensive light like YOU think I should, but its funny when you dont live on credit(not that i'm saying you do), but I can only spend what I have.....the stores dont give me stuff just based on my good looks, so thanks for the good info

Not judging you at all. I only use credit cards for the security and convenience they provide. I pay them off at the end of every month. The only things I buy on credit are homes and cars.

The light is a critical component in low/no light to identify your target and fire accurate shots. These will help save your live by shortening the OODA loop for you and increasing it for your attacker. It will also aid in reducing the danger to others from errant shots. These are significat contributions to your defensive plan and should carry some thought and a reasonable expenditure of funds.

I am somewhat of a gear snob. I like stuff that's ergronomic and reliable. These two attributes usually cost more money. Not always, but usually. The suggestions made by mhphoto are all good choices, with Surefire being the best. That's not because they cost more, but because they have a proven track record that is larger than all the others combined.

In the end, I hope you get a light that satisfies you AND your intended mission, with reliable results. Good luck! :)

rh6585

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i apologize ol'yeller, but it bugs me that people try to take shots at me about dumb stuff. all i was trying to do was explain WHY i cant just buy the high dollar ones, so to everyone else besides mmchambers, i apologize. probably a little uncalled for. i will delete it.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
now then, :)
there is a big difference in lights. Cheaper lights (in general) will burn batteries like me through a box of cookies. The brightness can be noticable too. Im a surefire guy, but I do like Fenix. Theyre a little more economical, check those out.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have Surefire and Streamlight but I also have several cheap lights from Deals Extreme, and I bought an Ultrafire R2 LED that is just like my Surefire 6P only brighter and it was only 12 bucks! I have used the Deals Extreme lights for years and they work great and are an incredible bargain, but they also are not quite as well made as a 100-200 dollar Surefires. If I was a cop or my life was on the line, I would probably by the most expensive product I could find, but for most uses the Deals Extreme lights work great.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
now then, :)
there is a big difference in lights. Cheaper lights (in general) will burn batteries like me through a box of cookies. The brightness can be noticable too. Im a surefire guy, but I do like Fenix. Theyre a little more economical, check those out.

If cheap lights burn batteries faster than my E2e does, then I do NOT want to see you eat cookies!

I need to get the LED upgrade for my E2e, it'll eat a CR123 in 45 minutes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom