flashlights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“It’s unwise to pay too much . . . but it’s worse to pay too little.
When you pay too much, you lose a little money . . . that is
all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything,
because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing
it was bought to do.
The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting
a lot. It can’t be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well
to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have
enough to pay for something better.” – JOHN RUSKIN

I work for wages and can't just buy anything I desire. Seems like I am always saving for something. Save for a SureFire and you will have a great flashlight that will last you the rest of your life.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
bonified Flashaholic here... not everyone is ready to drop $400+ for a Surefire weapons light or even $60 for an entry level Surefire.

used to be Surefire ruled the heap, well they still are the best. but they've got a hoard to Chinese companies chasing hard.

there's some very high quality lights available for low $$$.
but low or high is relative to your wallet and mindset.

at one time I thought a mini-mag for $10 was a LOT to spend on the flashlight. also went through a phase where dropping $500+ for a high end flashlight was normal.

best way to narrow down best choices is to state what your budget range. under $50... under $30... etc.

with today's choices... it's quite possible to purchase a decent light for not much $$$.

i didn't lash out. and I dont care if YOU care how i pay. i've dealt w/ you before and you seemed like a good guy, but you can piss off. i have gotten plenty of good advise as you can see, and didn't lash out. if you read it, you would see that I said its simply a matter of money and if i have it or not. if you notice you're the only one gettting defensive about something that you weren't even involved in, i thanked the guy for his advise and just tried to explain WHY I cant get the expensive lights, so if it bothered you that i said i dont use credit cards, then you again can piss off, i thought you were a good guy, but you can take your opinions and keep them. (edited for politeness)

OkieOFT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Take a look at www.dealextreme.com. Lots of cheap CREE LED flashlights there, most weapon mountable. These were all the rage a few years ago when everyone realized that MagLites suck.

What I did for cheapie light was put a 1" 9 LED light in a cheap scope ring. It's survived a couple boxes of 9mm out of my Hi Point carbine. Eventually it'll be getting a nicer light from DX, but for now it's working.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if it's still the same place dealextreme is a good company to do business with. have ordered there several times...

beware of quality of goods there.... super low prices yes... depending on item, could be super low quality too.

had good luck order generic litium ion cells a few years back... that and lots of electronic toys.

to find out if certain flashlights are worth a hoot... post a question on candlepower forums... lots of folks will jump in and give lots of valuable feedback.

Take a look at www.dealextreme.com. Lots of cheap CREE LED flashlights there, most weapon mountable. These were all the rage a few years ago when everyone realized that MagLites suck.

What I did for cheapie light was put a 1" 9 LED light in a cheap scope ring. It's survived a couple boxes of 9mm out of my Hi Point carbine. Eventually it'll be getting a nicer light from DX, but for now it's working.

Latest posts

Top Bottom