Flooding in Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard a rumor that the amount being released is closer to 350K and they are giving lower numbers so they don't scare people, and so they won't be blamed/sued for flood damage.

I know you said rumor, but I think that's a bit far-fetched. First, they'd have a bigger suit (were one even possible) for misrepresenting the data. Second, I think they're immune from any liability in the first place being a government entity in the capacity they exist.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know you said rumor, but I think that's a bit far-fetched. First, they'd have a bigger suit (were one even possible) for misrepresenting the data. Second, I think they're immune from any liability in the first place being a government entity in the capacity they exist.
LMAO wait till Creek tribe gets them to rebuild their casion. Everyone else will be screwed but aint no way the tribe will pay for that. COE will be footing the bill aka Taxpayers.

Also if they were at 350 all of bixby would be under water.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LMAO wait till Creek tribe gets them to rebuild their casion.

Interesting point! Given they're a sovereign government entity, a nation of sorts, they could well try to gain standing for a suit (especially if Royal v. Murphy states the reservations are still intact).

But individuals likely stand zero chance. Many suits have reinforced the sovereign immunity of the Corps of Engineers. One could try a claim under the Federal Tort Claims Act, but given this was a release of water during a flood emergency one would be hard-pressed to label it as negligent.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've read 305, 307, and 310 for 86. It's not exact at that point. They had the gates set to 250K the last few days but outflow was 254-256. It's drops in the buckets at that flow. But yeah we'd all know 350K.

I don't think the ACOE has done anything wrong managing flows but I about Elvised my TV Friday during this press conference when they said we'd be dropping from 250K this afternoon. Incredibly bad PR decisions. And incredibly dangerous.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We ran river trails last night and I woke up to pics of more sinkholes and the news they closed them. Yikes.

It smelled like sewage and there were rotting carp and spoonbill everywhere on the banks and people were playing in the water with their kids. We really don't need those images all over the CNN Tulsans. That said when we break 300K catch me paddling down the street in my kayak drinking high life.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We ran river trails last night and I woke up to pics of more sinkholes and the news they closed them. Yikes.

It smelled like sewage and there were rotting carp and spoonbill everywhere on the banks and people were playing in the water with their kids. We really don't need those images all over the CNN Tulsans. That said when we break 300K catch me paddling diwn the street in my kayak drinking high life.

I've been biking all over the area this weekend (and last weekend) to check out the flooding and this morning's storm damage.

saw people noodling in Joe Creek under the 71st street bridge. Shoeless, jorts and stained t-shirts and all.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you'd be more likely to noodle a human torso out of this river system than a flathead at this point. Pretty interested in doing some sandbar walking after things go back to normal. No telling what will be exposed.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kaw isn't helping Keystone at all. After last night's rain, the inflow is exceeding the outflow by a pretty good margin and more rain is expected in the Kaw watershed tonight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom