Flooding in Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keystone releases going to 265K at 7:00 PM tonight and 275K at 7:00 AM Monday.
24 hour Outflow from Keystone as of 10am on Memorial Day:
www.swt_wc.usace.army.mil_images_x_y_KEYS_Flow_Res_Out_24h.png

24 hour inflow:
upload_2019-5-27_10-6-25.png

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was looking at the hourly "tabular" page for Keystone and noticed that the release column is already filled in for the rest of today. For the last several days the hourly "inflow" and "release" fields weren't populated until around the bottom of each hour. It just struck me as odd that they would put anticipated numbers like that out to the public.

Also, it seems strange that they would so quickly drop the release back down from 275K to 267K. That seems like more than just normal fluctuations in flow readings.

http://www.swt-wc.usace.army.mil/webdata/gagedata/KEYO2.current.html

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was looking at the hourly "tabular" page for Keystone and noticed that the release column is already filled in for the rest of today. For the last several days the hourly "inflow" and "release" fields weren't populated until around the bottom of each hour. It just struck me as odd that they would put anticipated numbers like that out to the public.

Also, it seems strange that they would so quickly drop the release back down from 275K to 267K. That seems like more than just normal fluctuations in flow readings.

http://www.swt-wc.usace.army.mil/webdata/gagedata/KEYO2.current.html

I think that they are saying they know the inflow will be high so the release will have to be also. ANd, 267 to 275, I’m not sure they can tell the difference or how exacting the release measurements are. That may be a rounding error or approximation.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1000hrs and were are 0.35' from top of surcharge and inflow has steadily crept up to 300K. 275K is not going be sustainable for long. 300K is coming faster than even I thought.

And yeah to the person that asked 757' is the top of the surcharge so they cannot allow it to go higher than 757' as it interferes with tainter gate operation as I understand it. At that level they match releases to inflow which right now is 300K

Attachments

• 20190527_104036.jpg
    20190527_104036.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 239

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
What has changed since 2005 or 6 when they were worried about the dam breaking when we had all the flooding in MO and KS that year?

Also if you guys are gonna be on the news consuming alcohol while perusing the river. One of you please do with some Heineken like looter man back in Katrina.
dybiz.com_sites_randomblog_wp_content_uploads_2011_07_katrina_beer_looter_233x300.jpg

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What has changed since 2005 or 6 when they were worried about the dam breaking when we had all the flooding in MO and KS that year?

Also if you guys are gonna be on the news consuming alcohol while perusing the river. One of you please do with some Heineken like looter man back in Katrina.
dybiz.com_sites_randomblog_wp_content_uploads_2011_07_katrina_beer_looter_233x300.jpg
Nothing has changed as it wasn't gonna break. Just more hysteria from the public and news media.

Latest posts

Top Bottom