Flu Shot ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The drug store told the truth a.k.a. how I got my flu shot over a month ago.

Got my flu shot at the pharmacy and used their clipboard. When I handed it back to them, I reached over for their hand sanitizer there on the counter. Big jug with a pump on top, the label said in bold block letters
HAND SANITIZER, UNSCENTED
As I used the back of one hand to squirt some in the other hand, I noticed they had taped a small sticky note to the jug. Somebody wrote on the sticky note "Caution: It Stinks"
And it sure did. There was a powerful chemical smell, I was almost expecting it to burn my hands but it was o.k.
The smell of that stuff was so strong, it must have scared away the reaction to the flu shot because I didn't have one. :D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got my "senior" flu shot last week at the VA.
I can't verify if its actually true or not as I haven't researched it, but read that some "experts" said to not take the flu shot until late October because the seasonal flu is slow getting started as folks are distancing, washing hands and so on. They were predicting the seasonal influenza may last longer in the next year.
Another report said that they were finding those that took the influenza shot suffered less effects of the covid if they came down with it.
Again, I haven't researched any of that, only reports read on the internet so it has to be true right?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got my "senior" flu shot last week at the VA.
I can't verify if its actually true or not as I haven't researched it, but read that some "experts" said to not take the flu shot until late October because the seasonal flu is slow getting started as folks are distancing, washing hands and so on. They were predicting the seasonal influenza may last longer in the next year.
Another report said that they were finding those that took the influenza shot suffered less effects of the covid if they came down with it.
Again, I haven't researched any of that, only reports read on the internet so it has to be true right?

My doc said something along the same lines when I had my flu shot a few weeks ago - the flu was almost non-existent in the US because of precautions being taken for COVID-19.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The drug store told the truth a.k.a. how I got my flu shot over a month ago.

Got my flu shot at the pharmacy and used their clipboard. When I handed it back to them, I reached over for their hand sanitizer there on the counter. Big jug with a pump on top, the label said in bold block letters
HAND SANITIZER, UNSCENTED
As I used the back of one hand to squirt some in the other hand, I noticed they had taped a small sticky note to the jug. Somebody wrote on the sticky note "Caution: It Stinks"
And it sure did. There was a powerful chemical smell, I was almost expecting it to burn my hands but it was o.k.
The smell of that stuff was so strong, it must have scared away the reaction to the flu shot because I didn't have one. :D
I had 1 at a facility I visited that smelled like Tequila. Wish I knew where they got it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had 1 at a facility I visited that smelled like Tequila. Wish I knew where they got it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
There are a lot of distilleries that are producing the hand sanitizers. I've had some moonshine in my life and the the distilleries are producing some of the stuff that actually works but it stinks. Smells like raw moonshine. Don't ask me how I know that.
There are a lot of companies that are selling sanitizers that are worthless. Walking into Lowes there were huge bottles of "hand sanitizers" that would kill 99,99% of germs.
Look it up, viruses would still thrive using that junk. Select hand sanitizer that will actually work on Viruses.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our doctors recommended waiting until around October 1st to get the flu shot. We got ours ("Senior" version) on September 23rd.
As to the hand sanitizers, my wife often comments on their odor. She's characterized some as tequila and some as vodka. I, too, think it's because a number of distilleries are now producing hand sanitizers as well as their normal hooch. Just hope they don't get them mixed up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom