Food Plot Basics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mowed another half acre clover plot. I dusted this in last fall and really didn’t think any of it took because it was so dry all winter. I’m pleased with what I’ve got now.

View attachment 382123
I have nothing left of my clover. It's been so dry for the last year that it finally died.
Johnson grass and weeds in the food plot now.
With these recent rains, I'm needing to get over there and do some tilling. Probably just put in some wheat around the first of September and maybe throw out some clover seed hoping for a wet fall to get it going again.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My drill, he just always has my stuff lol.
Yeah, one of my drills has been on loan to a buddy for a couple years now. He never brings it back. I'll slip into his place one of these days with the tractor, hitch it up and bring it home. See how long it takes for him to call me and say it's been stolen.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3" here today, 6.2" 10 miles west of me as of 4 hours ago and still pouring there and lots more coming.
It looks like I only got about 1.5” today, and now they’ve put a little rain in the forecast for all but one day next week. I guess I’ll be coming up anyway, because the yard isn’t going to mow itself. I also really need to weedeat and spray roundup in front of a couple cameras.

Last edited:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks like I only got about 1.5” today, and now they’ve put a little rain in the forecast for all but one day next week. I guess I’ll be coming up anyway, because the yard is going to mow itself. I also really need to weedeat and spray roundup in front of a couple cameras.
Did you get one of those fancy lawn mowers?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It looks like I only got about 1.5” today, and now they’ve put a little rain in the forecast for all but one day next week. I guess I’ll be coming up anyway, because the yard is going to mow itself. I also really need to weedeat and spray roundup in front of a couple cameras.
Tomorrow is the best chance of rain we've had, so if that holds true it should be flooding by Sunday lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom