Food Savers???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooner_Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldnt be without one after having one for just over a year now. It is great for game/fresh meat as well as everday food and leftovers. Whenever I smoke meats I always smoke some extra so I can food saver it.

With cooked foods (smoked meats) I just pull it out of the freezer, throw it into a pot of boiling water and once it is warmed just open the bag and serve.

I have a model from Sam's, I think it's like the 8240 or something like that. I've foodsavered a deer, several pheasant, and a couple of turkeys. The turkey I pulled out of the freezer this morning to thaw from last April looked great.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm working on getting the processing setup put together in the garage while this deer is ageing in the ice chest.

We'll see how it goes. The wife is already complaining about the smell in the garage. She's referring to the smell of the fresh meat, not anything rotting. I told her that is the wonderful aroma of fresh back straps....

badaugherty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the trick. put the meat on a cookie sheet, and partially freeze it, or completely freeze it, and then seal it. The moisture doesn't mess up the seal that way:D

Ding ding ding! This is especially true with ground. I've got one of the newer ones that's supposed to handle wet stuff and it still struggles sealing anything too juicy. Freezing it a little helps everything, even cutting the meat works best when a little frozen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom