FoxPro FX3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While not on okhunter's level quite yet, I have found that the wooded creek bottoms are good for cats, and I've called three coyotes out of one such place in the last year. If you have access to land that has not been called, or very little, you are ahead of a lot of people; what little success I've had since I started last year, I attribute to calling where no man has probably called before.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Appriciate the info okhunter. Got another questions. When is it best time of day for coyote calling and where. I have land that is wooded and land that has open fields. And land that has wooded with creeks and fields.

Coyotes can be called at any time of day especially during long periods of cold weather. The open areas are preferred by most hunters so they can see the coyote coming in and watch the down wind side easier. I have called them in wooded areas but you have to be much more concious of the wind and your scent trail walking in. Without seeing the lay of the land it would be difficult to guess but I would try the open areas if possible first.

Scott

Latest posts

Top Bottom