From fail blog: Tulsa Police acquisition win?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I totally agree that PWI is subject to abuse.

But even without any possession, LE can make the claim that a large amount of cash is drug money, therefore subject to seizure along with whatever else they may want to claim - car ect.... When that happens, it is up to the individual to prove to the court's satisfaction that it wasn't being used for drugs, at considerable effort and expense in many cases. That seizure, despite no law being broken and certainly no conviction, is a gross violation of personal property rights.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drugs come up because a PWI charge is probably the most abused charge for seizing assets. Get off at 7AM, cash your paycheck, and possess two dimes? PWI, cash seized as drug money, car impounded, can't afford the legal fees to fight it, even if you could you probably can't afford the fees for the inevitable appeals process, so you plea out...

Yep had a guy I worked with had this happen to him. Except it was quarter paper of crank. We had just gotten paid and received our profit sharing checks which were extremely nice that year, along with working an extra 30 hours of overtime the prior 2 weeks Will was pretty flush with cash. He got pulled over on a fix it ticket, his buddy had an open container in the car and it all went downhill from there. 6 weeks and a large attorney bill later his cash was deemed legitimate since he had pay stubs and bank records to support it. It cost him more in attorney fee's to get his cash and car back than what they were worth in the end.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not talking about drugs, which is contraband and not property, and haven't been since I started posting in this thread. I'm talking about cash and vehicles, which are property.

Actually, if you read the posts above from the beginning of the property rights issue, you might realize we are not talking about drugs, we are talking about property - namely cash. I carry large amounts of cash on occasion going to auctions and swapmeets. So while I might have 20 grand on me in certain situations, others might not see that as legitimate personal use.

Once again, why don't you read the posts above? Not about drugs!

Oh, I read them.

Actually, if YOU read the original post, and the print on the window of the Cadillac, this thread absolutely about a drug dealers car being taken. There is no mention of someone having large amounts of cash. You got on some soap box and made it some anti police personal agenda, because you don't agree with property seizure, because you carry a bunch of cash around, and how unfair it is when people have to prove where their large amounts of cash come from. You are off topic. The topic is, "Hey! Look at this funny picture. Anybody know who gets to drive it?" Not a debate about property rights.

I think you made a lot of valid points, especially about the cash thing. A person should be able to do that very thing, without the fear of the police, of all people, taking it until you proved where it came from. I agree with several statements you made, but this isn't about that. Yes, there are a lot of policies and practices that are wrong. But if a drug dealer is convicted, because he was selling drugs, and can not show how he got all those rolls of cash, then you bet. Give it to the police departments. Maybe if they got enough drug dealer vehicles, with the money they saved, they could hire more police officers, to arrest more drug dealers.

So, to be on topic, yes. I think it's hilarious. I hope they take every thing the drug dealer owns. It makes my day. No, I do not know who get's to drive it, but if I were a cop, I would love for it to be me! I hope a dealer convicted three times never gets out, and rots in prison. I'd love to drive that car like it is now, where ever it used to drive around when the previous owners had it, smile, and wave.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, certainly not. There are those that own a business as well. Either way, legal income is gonna be reported, right? You either work for yourself, or you work for somebody, right? Why if you didn't report it, that would get you in trouble with a whole different group than the Tulsa PD, wouldn't it? You better believe the IRS seizes people's property.

Only if you get caught, and I am sick of this absolute blind devotion to the IRS is entitled to a chunk of your money. I'd screw em every way I possibly could if I had enough money to do so.

If you think people who receive cash tips that work in the service industry report everything they make you are wrong. And I say good for them, that's why I don't tip on my credit card I always tip cash if I have it on me.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, if YOU read the original post, and the print on the window of the Cadillac, this thread absolutely about a drug dealers car being taken. There is no mention of someone having large amounts of cash. You got on some soap box and made it some anti police personal agenda, because you don't agree with property seizure, because you carry a bunch of cash around, and how unfair it is when people have to prove where their large amounts of cash come from. You are off topic. The topic is, "Hey! Look at this funny picture. Anybody know who gets to drive it?" Not a debate about property rights.

I did read the original posts and my response was absolutely on topic. It was my response about why I didn't find the photograph funny or cute.

So, to be on topic, yes. I think it's hilarious. I hope they take every thing the drug dealer owns. It makes my day. No, I do not know who get's to drive it, but if I were a cop, I would love for it to be me! I hope a dealer convicted three times never gets out, and rots in prison. I'd love to drive that car like it is now, where ever it used to drive around when the previous owners had it, smile, and wave.

So, to be on topic, I didn't find the picture funny. I find it sad and scary, actually.

Latest posts

Top Bottom