Frustrated with H&H

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Note: I hope I don't ruin it for the next buyer....but...

The one style of handgun that I have seen at H & H that was a good deal has been the Ruger MK III 22/45 .22 long rifle type pistols.

Compairing them to other places they some times have been the least expensive in OKC by upwards of $30.-.

Now fully understanding that this usually is an handgun often used as an introduction into the shooting world there might be a reason why they low ball that ONE style of handgun in their business.

They sure have one heck of an inventory when I go and look around at H & H. I just can't get over the cost of many of the accessories such as Pelican cases in there. Some or literally twice the online retail cost.

However, one of these days I am going to go there and spend a nice dime on one of those Smith and Wesson .357 magnum scadium revolvers.

CP

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like H&H gun ranges and staffs (some of the staffs) they did improved a lot lately, the only complain I have is their price on handguns and rifles are always higher than OAS. But OAS is a very unfriendly place to shop, holy hell every time I stop by I had to find or ask for a staff to help me buy stuffs otherwise they would play they stealth mode or ignore mode on me.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
H&H has very good prices - no you can't beat "some dude" shipping guns from his mom's garage or multi-billion corporation like Academy or Walmart. The fact that prices are within 10% speaks very highly of H&H - honest people trying to make honest living (unlike other "unnamed" store that does take advantage of walk-ins). I just wish they had better C&R selection.

P.S. I just bought Winchester Wildcat from H&H - it was $5 more than cheapest internet price before shipping and FFL fees.

P.P.S. Nobody matches prices for items out of stock. Period.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you can order them at academy and have one shipped from another store.

Tried that and unless you know which store has one you are out of luck. Their system isn't all that great. I got tired of searching so I bought one at a gun show for $309. Not the best price in town but I can stop driving and calling around now. BTW I was very much pleasantly surprised at how well the little TCP works! I've only fire 50 rds but not a single issue with it.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I like H&H gun ranges and staffs (some of the staffs) they did improved a lot lately, the only complain I have is their price on handguns and rifles are always higher than OAS. But OAS is a very unfriendly place to shop, holy hell every time I stop by I had to find or ask for a staff to help me buy stuffs otherwise they would play they stealth mode or ignore mode on me.

+1 on that... I can't remember the last time I actually bought anything from OAS. There were a couple times I went in there with cash in hand ready to purchase a handgun and after 20 minutes of trying to get someone's attention I walked out and went to H&H.

Buckh1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never had a bad time finding help at OAS. In OKC, when pricing Academy special sale and everyday prices are the lowest in town. Watching and waiting for good deals always pays off.

Cole2534

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
H&H wanted ~$1150 for an 18" FN SLP, ouch! I called OPS and found a 21" SLP Mk1, the gun I was after when I found the 18", for $900 OTD.

No, they do not have the best prices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom