Frustrated with H&H

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

A little, but mostly honest. We have only two store's here. One is more pawnshop than gunshop, and the other is the opposite, that one is H.L.'s, and when you walk in its like a small Bass Pro without all the hipe and high prices. The folks behind the counter have never been to the "Gunstore Commando School", are pleasant, curtious, and usually very willing to help.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The internet always wins. Buy Local and support fellow Oklahomans.

Of course Academy has them cheaper, they don't have any. I can sell you the same gun for $200 at my house. Oh, yeah I am out of stock right now. [sarcasm off]

While I would love to support my local vendors, I am not independant wealthy and cant afford to throw a extra $160 into the wind because a local vendor does not want to try and offer a more competitive price in order to get that business.

While they always say respect is something you have to work for in order to earn it so is getting your customers to shop in your store. If you maintain a atmosphere if being priced higher than everyone else and being unwilling to either match those prices or flat out refusing to people will go elsewhere to other local places or the internet.

I would of have rather bought locally, but I could not afford nor justify spending the extra $160 with H&H for the scope.

theishkid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best part about OKC is you can still buy local, support Oklahoman's, and get the best price in town. Outdoor America has been anywhere $20 - $120 cheaper on every gun I price checked. Then again they are out of stock on just about everything I've looked at too. Which is good or bad depending on how you look at it. Yea H&H has it in stock... because it's more expensive.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My last example, when I went to go buy my Aimpoint I went to H&H to buy it. The COMP M3 with a basic mount was $732 before tax, I got mine from Larue for around $620 shipped.

That was a savings of about $160 over what H&H wanted for the scope. Sorry internet wins on that one.

I just talked to H&H about a Comp M3 and they were less than $600 (five-something)

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just talked to H&H about a Comp M3 and they were less than $600 (five-something)

My last example, when I went to go buy my Aimpoint I went to H&H to buy it. The COMP M3 with a basic mount was $732 before tax, I got mine from Larue for around $620 shipped.That was a savings of about $160 over what H&H wanted for the scope. Sorry internet wins on that one.

The CompM3 $575 with no mount. The CompML3 is $540 with no mount.

The quick detach mounts are $113.

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Outdoor America is a local store with good prices and has a great warranty for an extra 20 bucks per gun as long as you own the gun. If it has an issue, you take it to them and they will fix it or they will send it to the manufacture to be fixed and they will take care of the shipping. Buy it there if they have it in stock, and if not then spend the extra at H&H or somewhere else if all fails.

theishkid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea H&H has it in stock... because they charge a price that generates a decent margin and they can afford to buy inventory

No FAL guy I think I had it right the first time. They don't have a decent margin that allows them to buy inventory... They have the same inventory sitting on the exact same shelves not moving because they charge more for the exact same item you can get 2 miles down the street.

Maybe you make a lot of money... but I don't... I'm not going to work an extra half day to be able to afford their price on a gun. I don't care how cool their place is.

I don't dislike H&H, I don't think anybody here does. They are big and awesome and have a great shooting range and I will support them in that way as long as I'm around here... but it doesn't change a simple fact that most things there are higher then they are at other places in town. Give any excuse for it that you want... they are higher. Less then wholesale... doesn't matter... their price is still more than what you can find it for somewhere else. And I'm not just talking about the internet either.

358norma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree to support local when you can. How nice is it that we have H&H and OAS here in OKC to choose from. I've lived in areas that you have a choice of one big box or another big box store to choose from. Take care of these people when you can, I like to check out what they both have. If they won't work with you vote with your dollars! It's your money spend it where you want! Just remember, if you dont drop a little in the places you like to look around, you wont have a place to look around any longer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom