Fuel Additives... Or Whatever They Are...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Find a local Amsoil dealer and get some Performance Enhancer. I'm a dealer, but not very local to OKC. I've never met a saleman that sells the "second best product", but my experience with Amsoil products has been very good.

usmc1986

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seafoam, BG & Lucas products are good.

As was previously mentioned most brands of - gasoline have good detergents/cleaners in them these days, that's really the only difference in gas from one station to another. Don't overdo it. 2 - 3 times a year won't hurt your wallet or your vehicle.

For the Seafoam treatment in the vacuum/TB it's best to have a helper, one to pour and one to step on the accelerator to ensure you keep the vacuum pressure going and the engine running. Enjoy the smoke. LOL

CASTRATE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Find a local Amsoil dealer and get some Performance Enhancer. I'm a dealer, but not very local to OKC. I've never met a saleman that sells the "second best product", but my experience with Amsoil products has been very good.

amsoil is some good $h!t. i know a guy with an 01 or 02 power stroke
with around 700,000 miles. he has been using amsoil since the day he bought it. the same day he bought it, he drained the fluids, and replaced them with better qualty fluids

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ai.ytimg.com_vi_LHaQl0G_mXE_0.jpg

Works wonders on just about everything, eh?

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I am runnin on a 5.7L chvey V8 with 172K on it, had drive line maintenance at 120k, new radiator and cooling lines and brake master cylinder at 130k, 150k major engine tune-up because compression test were within 3 psi of factory on all cylinders, new tranny at 170k exactly.

This is what I and my father do, Lucas Fuel Treatment Injector cleaner in the tank at every fill-up buy it by the gallon for 30$ and get one squirt bottle for 10$ and set for 3 months, also use the Lucas Deep clean Fuel system every 3-4K as recommended. Lucas Transmission fix with every tranny fluid change as preventative measure, our 4l60E chevy tranny's last 30-50k miles longer before needing a new one than any other person I have known. Also have ordered ZeroRust For the Frame and Axles to be done after this winter.

I plan on keeping suburbans in the family forever, Gm 350 crate and new tranny 5K vs. car payments, crate motor wins.

OkieOFT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When I was a kid it was Marvel Mystery oil that I saw in alot of shops.

That stuff is liquid gold for Mazda Rotary motors. Haven't heard much about it for piston motors, might be good to lube the cylinders of a barn find car before firing it up but I really can't think of many good uses that Seafoam isn't better at.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PLEASE DO NOT PUT SEAFOAM IN A MODERN VEHICLE!!! There is NO need for any fuel additives. Fact being that no couple ounces of anything in 20 gallons of fuel is going to do you zero good. It will however help jack up fuel pumps, injector windings, and some sensors!

The ONLY way to clean a fuel system(on the rare occasion it is needed anymore) is with a dedicated fuel system cleaning apparatus. If it is the induction and cylinder/pistons that are the concern than an induction apparatus. Do this for yourself, change your fuel filter every 12,000, and don't let your vehicle run under 1/4 tank of fuel. This will do the most for you. Fuel is what keeps your fuel pump cool. They get hot when exposed on low fuel tanks, then you start pouring cool or cold fuel in during filling. This locks them up and causes hard hard wear on bearings and bushings.

Yes this is an educated statement:) There are numerous statements from manufacturers as well that say all the same things.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PLEASE DO NOT PUT SEAFOAM IN A MODERN VEHICLE!!! There is NO need for any fuel additives. Fact being that no couple ounces of anything in 20 gallons of fuel is going to do you zero good. It will however help jack up fuel pumps, injector windings, and some sensors!

The ONLY way to clean a fuel system(on the rare occasion it is needed anymore) is with a dedicated fuel system cleaning apparatus. If it is the induction and cylinder/pistons that are the concern than an induction apparatus. Do this for yourself, change your fuel filter every 12,000, and don't let your vehicle run under 1/4 tank of fuel. This will do the most for you. Fuel is what keeps your fuel pump cool. They get hot when exposed on low fuel tanks, then you start pouring cool or cold fuel in during filling. This locks them up and causes hard hard wear on bearings and bushings.

Yes this is an educated statement:) There are numerous statements from manufacturers as well that say all the same things.

Im with you on this 100%. All that junk is snake oil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom