septic tank maintenance- to pump or not to pump regular?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Adding a cup of dog food to the septic occasionally is a waste of your time. We only recommend the addition of dog food to a wastewater system when the treatment plant is first put on line to give the bacteria that is coming into the plant something to initially eat.
Just what i was told.. not on septic anymore.. he said it does the same thing as rid x but you know everyone knows better than the next guy!

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
flushable wipes have been a nightmare for WW operators for years. This is why municipalities install grinders to shred them and other debris that flows into the lift stations.
thats why tulsa went on the news begging everyone to quit using them because it was clogging the plant up. probably been a year since that story broke.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took care of my Aerobic my self it was actually pretty simple. except apparently no one uses Clorine in the discharge tank went to get some because MFG recommended it couldn't find any guy at the local plumbing store said heck nobody treats theirs.

I've found the tablets at Lowe's before. I ordered my last bucket from Amazon.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
flushable wipes have been a nightmare for WW operators for years. This is why municipalities install grinders to shred them and other debris that flows into the lift stations.
Yep, one of my customers named JWC made just such a grinder. They called it the Muffin Monster and man, that thing would eat lumber like nothing, that’s what they tested them with. Another application was for on board canneries where it would “purée” the bones and guts. My career allowed me in the back door of many interesting businesses.
1692705154755.png

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sludge build up in your holding tank is due to incomplete digestion due to various compounds that are put down the drain such as Clorox which is used as a disinfectant to kill bacteria. Cleaning compounds are also dumped down the drain which impact the septic system further killing the bacteria. The tank is continually in a state of trying to recover. People have added Rid X to their system trying to help, but that is an enzyme and an enzyme will only work if the treatment process is lacking that key element. If the key fits the situation great and if not? When a wastewater treatment plant receives a shock load that kills the plant I advise the operator to go to a neighboring treatment plant and pump some fluid from their primary basin to reseed their primary basin with bacteria that is compatible.
Firpo - Muffin Monsters, as you know, are the standard of the industry. They are great!!!! I recommend Muffin Monsters whenever asked.

Bocephus - please don't get your feathers ruffled, I am just trying to explain some misconceptions.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, one of my customers named JWC made just such a grinder. They called it the Muffin Monster and man, that thing would eat lumber like nothing, that’s what they tested them with. Another application was for on board canneries where it would “purée” the bones and guts. My career allowed me in the back door of many interesting businesses.
View attachment 404002
Very Cool!

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 404002
Prisons are installing them could be a good sales avenue!

Latest posts

Top Bottom