Gay marriage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw this, made me chuckle

2015-06-29_1601.jpg

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeez...more mud slinging going on in this thread than in many a political campaign. Don't know about y'all, but I learned years ago that you can't argue a man out of something he never argued himself into in the first place. But, where would be the fun in that? Ya'll carry on!

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to state it that way...I didn't disagree with your premise that there's likely no direct impact on the everyday heterosexual, Christian, etc. My issue was the inference that if you disagreed with same sex marriage that you were either a bigot, hypocritical Christian, homophobe, closet homosexual or all of the above. As I said before, I cannot condone or advocate something that is not in accordance with my faith and God's law. If that makes me a hypocritical bigot in your eyes or anyone else's so be it. I have friends and aquaintances that are gay and I do not treat them any differently than I would a straight person.

If you don't hold divorce in the same light as you do gay marriage, you're a hypocrite.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ol Ken Paxton just opened up a whole can of worms.....what is to stop the lowly court clerk from not issuing a license to people of mixed race, or people who have been divorced, or any other "religious" reason that could be quoted from the bible?

Wonder what the reaction be if Ken told public employees they don't have to take or process concealed carry applications.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, just a general statement, not really directed at you, but you just know that there are a lot of adulterers here that are married to adulterers.

The truth is that we all are a sinners and hypocrites that have fallen short. God's law was not given with the expectation that man could keep it...instead it was used to show that we are all sinners that are incapable of earning our own salvation through keeping of the law.

For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,”[a] also said, “You shall not murder. If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker. James 2:10-11

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The truth is that we all are a sinners and hypocrites that have fallen short. God's law was not given with the expectation that man could keep it...instead it was used to show that we are all sinners that are incapable of earning our own salvation through keeping of the law.

For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,”[a] also said, “You shall not murder. If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker. James 2:10-11

That's kind of the point. We have a bunch of sinners using God's word as justification to bar a small group of sinners from the same privileges that we enjoy. How can anyone that claims to be a Christian justify that?

bigot.....a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's kind of the point. We have a bunch of sinners using God's word as justification to bar a small group of sinners from the same privileges that we enjoy. How can anyone that claims to be a Christian justify that?

bigot.....a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

As SCROTUS redefines everything for us, the 2A will certainly be read in a more enlightened, open-minded way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom