Gay marriage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just because the people of 34 states passed laws doesn't mean that those laws were constitutional

My confidence in the ability of this Court to actually know what's constitutional and what isn't is about as strong as my confidence in Obama to do the same.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It harms me. I entered into marriage. Now it is nothing of the sort.

I know ... If anyone asks me if I'm married, I'll say, "No. I'm in Holy Matrimony." That'll work until that gets usurped as well.

Woody

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once again, a panel of 7 people has overruled the will of MILLIONS.
Once again, in America, we live in a Republic, not a Democracy. In a Democracy, the majority rules (also called "mob rule"). In a Republic, minorities are protected from the ILL will of the majority by the rule of law. BTW, the SCOTUS vote was 5-4. A couple of your "7 people" must have voted twice and it still didn't affect the outcome. To the OP's question: nope. Not at all.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, and this "equal protection under the law" thingy? It has never been only gays and lesbians who are - eh - were forbidden to engage in a same sex marriage. Strait people were forbidden as well.

Woody

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I know ... If anyone asks me if I'm married, I'll say, "No. I'm in Holy Matrimony." That'll work until that gets usurped as well.

Woody

I would say that the almost 1 million divorces granted annually in the U.S. has made more of a mockery out of marriage than the gays ever will.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Once again, in America, we live in a Republic, not a Democracy. In a Democracy, the majority rules (also called "mob rule"). In a Republic, minorities are protected from the ILL will of the majority by the rule of law. BTW, the SCOTUS vote was 5-4. A couple of your "7 people" must have voted twice and it still didn't affect the outcome. To the OP's question: nope. Not at all.

Go check the definition of republic, then get back to me.

Every time this went to a vote, it was shot down. It took a small panel of individuals to make it happen. Thats not a republic, its an oligarchy.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Woody

There are churches in all states, including sweet home Oklahoma, that join same-sex couples in holy matrimony. Guess you lost that too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom