Gay marriage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go check the definition of republic, then get back to me.

Every time this went to a vote, it was shot down. It took a small panel of individuals to make it happen. Thats not a republic, its an oligarchy.
I know the difference between a Republic and a Democracy. We are not under mob rule, and we have laws that protect minorities from the ill rule of the majority--that is what a Republic entails. Oligarchy, meanwhile, is rule by the rich. Are the seven justices on your Supreme Court rich enough to write the laws in this country? Sorry, in this Republic, the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th amendment has just been extended to people you don't like. That IS the reason we live in a constitutional Republic.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Change my life? No. More ashamed to say I'm from this country? Yes.

We should also remember that in the past 20 years, 34 states voted to define marriage as between a man and a woman (INCLUDING California). Once again, a panel of 7 people has overruled the will of MILLIONS.

Wonder if you approved of the "judicial activism" in the Heller decision? The court overruled the will of the majority in DC. That's the thing about rights, you don't get to vote on them.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, and this "equal protection under the law" thingy? It has never been only gays and lesbians who are - eh - were forbidden to engage in a same sex marriage. Strait people were forbidden as well.

Woody

This is exactly why I support same-sex marriage.

I'm a straight, white, American male. I want all the rights I can get. I don't want some overbearing government telling me I can't marry a man. Where do they get the ass, Woody? Why do you think the federal government has the right to tell a straight American citizen who he can or cannot marry?

You and your kind are waging war on straight white American males. I won't stand for it.

If I want to marry a man I'll damn sure do it. Kiss my ass, statists.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go check the definition of republic, then get back to me.

Every time this went to a vote, it was shot down. It took a small panel of individuals to make it happen. Thats not a republic, its an oligarchy.

So if I can get a vote to say we should send minorities back to being farm implements, you'd support that?

I think it's you who needs to start reading the dictionary instead of chewing on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom