Gentleman over 40

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pick the right woman to marry and be prepared to give at least 75% to the marriage. It will really help is she is also willing to give 75%. Start saving money early. I do wish that I had bought some land in the country when I was younger. Work hard to make your marriage and family come together. Don't ever stop learning, it will keep your mind active. It is easier that ever with the Internet to learn new skills.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me too. The crazy chick sex was good, but I've paid a tremendous price for it. Wife #2 was bat crap crazy. Cost me my home and a lot of money, my judgement was clouded for over ten years. By that time, most of the women in my age cohort already had families. That is my big regret in life, not having children.

Exactly my situation...

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of pure curiosity, if you "had it to do all over again" what are some of the things you would do differently? I'm not digging for anything specific, just want to pick anyone's brain that wants to share on here or shoot me a PM.
Advice is a valuable thing... at least most of the time!

I'm only 25 and am filled with regret...

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't read any of the previous posts, so excuse if I repeat. I would spend as much time as I possibly could gathering info about my family from my grandparents, parents, uncles, aunts, whoever. There are so many questions which can't be asked if you wait too late. I was dumb and happy thinking it would never end, and then it was gone.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dr. Knight's 2 rules of life are all you need.

Rule #1. It doesn't matter. Whatever it is, it doesn't matter.
Rule #2. It isn't about you. Whatever it is, it isn't about you.
(corollary to rule #2: if it is about you, see rule #1)

Latest posts

Top Bottom