Getting disability, how the hell do you do it????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

royesses

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need a good doctor to document that he can not perform any job, medical documentation is the key. Make sure you file the next petition for reconsideration. That will be denied also. Then get a lawyer. There is a limit on how much a lawyer can charge if they win the case. If they don't you pay nothing. The lawyer is payed by social security from what you win in back pay. Once again the key is what your doctor lists as to your ability to perform any job. It took 3 years to win my case, using VA medical documentation.
Your nephew is one of the actually disabled people who deserve disability. In my case I had 35 years of work paying in to SSDI, so I had enough points. I do not know if the minimum points requirement pertains to your nephew. A lawyer is really needed in his case.
I wish you the best of luck and hope he succeeds with his claim.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The fee is 25% up to a max of $6,000. There are some rare cases where that cap is lifted, but those are extremely rare.

That's what my attorney collected. From the day I first contacted her until the day of the hearing it was 28 months. I know her paralegals did most of the work but it didn't seem like much of a fee.

chevyboy123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have been jerking my father in law around for a year. He only got partial benefits and no back pay because he might get better(he had a severe stroke). He can't walk very well or do much with his right hand (his right side is semi paralyzed) and seldom can say what he is trying to say. Sucks...

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a self employed person the last almost 25 years I may have been paying higher percentages in to my Social Security and Medicare via my self employment taxes than persons employed by someone else paying theirs in via FICA. Hypothetically speaking, at 45 yrs old, if I had a disability and needed to file for SS would I need to prove that I cant do the work that Ive done the last 25 years in my two occupation(s), or just not be able to do any type of work? Just curious.

Latest posts

Top Bottom