Getting real tired of dealing with troy industries.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Bought micro tritium night sights doe folding battlesight set for my m4.
talked to someone before i ordered them to confirm they were correct for my gun; turns out they were not and would never sight to 100 yards for elevation because the set was intended for a higher rise front gas block to prop the front sight post up on.

Contacted troy, after fighting with cheaperthandirt and troy for two weeks back and forth in emails, troy had me send them back telling me they sale the proper setup i need in separate sights, and that they would exchange them out.

two weeks after i ship it to them i email asking where my tracking number is, and if my sights have been processed and shipped yet.

guy says he will send them out tomorrow.

fast forward to today, received a UPS package, package contains one standard rear doe sight... no front. not tritium....

so not only am i now missing a front sight, but the rear is not the tritium it was supposed to be....

now i get to screw with these people more to get them to send me a shipping label to send this one back and hopefully get my proper rear AND front sights.....

Somone shoot me, i will never NEVER buy freaking buis for ANY gun ever again. if i survive this b/s im a scope man exclusively

grab a nikon prostaff, mount the damn thing and go shoot..... why the hell did i think i needed to have an iron sight gas piston ar again?

maybe they will get tired of my crap and send me a check with what i paid for the damn things and i will pick up another prostaff....

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dude, your life is nothing but trouble!
I pitty da foo!!

I know, between this and the mustang still being fought over, oh and lets not forget that dodge still has my vent assembly for my truck on order.... for that last 10 months.....; its a wonder i bother trying to do anything anymore. I should take up setting alone in the dark as a hobby, so i wont have to rely on products and services of anyone else that can/will let me down.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, that's like the 6 millionth thread about buds gun shop. I don't think I'll ever buy anything from them. That's hard to believe Troys jerking you around like that. I mean I've never had dealings with them but I would think they'd switch it out if something was wrong.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Man, that's like the 6 millionth thread about buds gun shop. I don't think I'll ever buy anything from them. That's hard to believe Troys jerking you around like that. I mean I've never had dealings with them but I would think they'd switch it out if something was wrong.

my first email, i waited a week and got no response, went ignored. so i sent another one, they transferred it to sales, then from there they transferred my email back to customer service and finally got me in touch with someone form returns.

once it got to that guy, he was very helpful and sounded like they were more than happy to take care of it. i just do not understand why they would send 1 package with the rear only.

I sent him another email right before posting the original post on here; and i just got another electronic update email from UPS telling me that troy has made another electronic shipping label for a 1 pound package coming to my house. i am assuming its the front sight.... even if it is, the rear is still wrong.

Its just frustrating, If they had put a note in their description of their product, that it will not work on same level top rail guns; i would have never bothered ordering it and would not be in this mess. and i know they must think i am trying to screw them over or something.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, troy's a pain to deal with and a "meh" on the quality meter.

What happened to the days when Lyman and Redfield were the lowest acceptable quality for sights?

Standards have been lowered quite a bit with all the red dots, holosights, and poor QC on 90% of all the new rifles out these days.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my first email, i waited a week and got no response, went ignored. so i sent another one, they transferred it to sales, then from there they transferred my email back to customer service and finally got me in touch with someone form returns.

once it got to that guy, he was very helpful and sounded like they were more than happy to take care of it. i just do not understand why they would send 1 package with the rear only.

I sent him another email right before posting the original post on here; and i just got another electronic update email from UPS telling me that troy has made another electronic shipping label for a 1 pound package coming to my house. i am assuming its the front sight.... even if it is, the rear is still wrong.

Its just frustrating, If they had put a note in their description of their product, that it will not work on same level top rail guns; i would have never bothered ordering it and would not be in this mess. and i know they must think i am trying to screw them over or something.

Honestly, when I buy stuff that looks fishy or the description doesn't fully describe the product, I usually google the part number or their stock number and see if I can find a match. Troy might be thinking that you didn't pay attention when you order the sight and that it's your fault you bought the wrong one and that you're trying to get them to fix your mistake. Because technically, you should be able to argue with buds that they didn't have the description clear enough and that they should be the ones sending u the new correct sight, not Troy. Just the flip side of the coin imo. Don't take it as a personal jab.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, troy's a pain to deal with and a "meh" on the quality meter.

What happened to the days when Lyman and Redfield were the lowest acceptable quality for sights?

Standards have been lowered quite a bit with all the red dots, holosights, and poor QC on 90% of all the new rifles out these days.

There are certainly more expensive and higher quality, but for the price range, these are supposed to be incredible sights. and i was pleased with the quality and feel for the first set, they would have worked just fine for what i was trying to do with them, but if i have to hold 2 feet under my target at 100 yards to hit it, then i will never be able to plink any kind of constant group and control where i put that group; and that just makes the whole concept of shooting that rifle not very much fun.

What i miss are the days i hear used to exist before my time, where when you had a problem with something you called up the person in charge, and they handled your claim personally. this deal would have been dealt with in a week, and that one person would have made sure that both the font and back sights were tritium and in the package and sent to the proper address. that same person would have received my return sights and acknowledged what i sent. but now its like... who received them? did they note what model i sent back? who sent this wrong rear out? did they note that its not tritium, or that they put only the rear in the package.

but now there are umpteen different people involved and no one knows every part of the transaction that is taking place.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, I've sent stuff back and never had a problem like yours. I had a problem where they sent me back the part and it was still broke, but the company ended up sending me a whole new unit and told me to keep the old one. Just last Friday I called cmmg for a replacement firing pin cause mine broke and they sent it out no questions asked and no return required. Banks power sent me a brand new header for my jeep after the old one cracked 4.5 years later. They told me to keep the old one and all i had to pay was shipping. Sorry for your luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom