Getting real tired of dealing with troy industries.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Honestly, when I buy stuff that looks fishy or the description doesn't fully describe the product, I usually google the part number or their stock number and see if I can find a match. Troy might be thinking that you didn't pay attention when you order the sight and that it's your fault you bought the wrong one and that you're trying to get them to fix your mistake. Because technically, you should be able to argue with buds that they didn't have the description clear enough and that they should be the ones sending u the new correct sight, not Troy. Just the flip side of the coin imo. Don't take it as a personal jab.

CTD copy and pastes the description form the troy website product description. NEITHER sights troys NOR the retailer had mention that they product would not work in any particular situation. I based my shopping from troys website, then found that CTD had the same product part number copied straight from TROY, for less, and since i had other stuff i wanted from CTD, it was a clear choice. What more could i have done, besides hire an advertising channel to find someone with this same product for me to test on my gun, prior to buying it, to find out that it was not the right product. I already had talked to someone at troy, told them what the gun was i built, and was assured that product would work.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, that's like the 6 millionth thread about buds gun shop. I don't think I'll ever buy anything from them. That's hard to believe Troys jerking you around like that. I mean I've never had dealings with them but I would think they'd switch it out if something was wrong.

Did I miss where he said he bought them at Bud's? I read Cheaper Than Dirt only (or was there an edit?).

702Shooter

Its just frustrating, If they had put a note in their description of their product, that it will not work on same level top rail guns...

You mean something along the lines of this?

"Now, Troy has developed a rugged low-profile sight designed for firearms with top rails higher than the standard M4."

You have an M4, Troy's site specifically states that the micro sights are not for a standard M4.

Maybe I'm missing something here....

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm missing it too...

The customer is always right, but the customer sometimes need to do a little research too. Troy didn't sell you the wrong sights, Cheaper Than Dirt did....IMHO, you're lucky Troy is willing to deal with you. This is between you and CTD.

I see notes all over Troy's pages about what application the sights are intended for. In addition to the above posted description of the low pros, the Fixed M4 sights state the following:

"Technical Specifications

Sight is designed to work on same-plane rail systems only
Will not work with a railed gas block that is higher or lower than the receiver
Hardened T6 Aircraft Aluminum with stainless steel components
Front sight must be mounted at the same height plane as the rear sight. Railed gas blocks that are lower than receiver height will not zero properly."

Know your weapon, and know what you are buying. I hope you get it all worked out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom