Glassing Avocados.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You may have heard about "Glassing Eggs." But I ran across glassing avocados. I put an avocado in a Tupperware container with water and put it in the fridge and it lasted for more than a week. I will do a more scientific post with exact numbers later, but it seems to work.
cado.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put avocados in the fridge but not in any container and they will last for over a month if they were hard when I stuck them in there.
Yes sometimes the mesocarp will be darker in spots but not any off flavor from it like ones set on the counter.

I like to cut them all the way around in 1/2 and squeeze the seed out.
Then squeeze the outer shell together to get the mesocarp out of the inside.
Of course ripe ones for that.
Creole seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder is what I use to make guacamole. And a dollop of salsa.

I will do the water, glass, fridge method against just in the fridge and see what happens.
Thanks @golddigger14s

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You may have heard about "Glassing Eggs." But I ran across glassing avocados. I put an avocado in a Tupperware container with water and put it in the fridge and it lasted for more than a week. I will do a more scientific post with exact numbers later, but it seems to work.
View attachment 265238
Avocado must be completely covered by the water?

Latest posts

Top Bottom